🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » How to differentiate specialized profile
Page options
84697fdc
Community Member

How to differentiate specialized profile

I have a general services translator, voiceover and transcript profile. 
And a specialized general translation profile...

How should i make it stand out better than the all services one? And since my general profile is mainly focused on translation ...should i keep the specialized one or just not use it anymore? 

6 REPLIES 6
williamtcooper
Community Member

Gagan,

Use AI with your services and it will standout.

I completely agree, AI in this area is extremely important.

Oh, Yuk. I completely disagree.

AI doesn't churn out profiles. It churns out advertisements, all full of cotton candy promises, overzealous claims and basically over-stuffed nonsense. That said, there are low-skill jobs where writing a profile is a bit odd. Do you really want to read a personal narrative about a typist?

In not too long AI junk will be the norm around here. But it isn't a good day for quality. It's the low bar in profile writing. 

Good-bye sincerity. Good-bye honesty. Welcome to AI-generated, over-pumped blather.

Your words have a deep meaning. It all depends on who the end user is. If you use AI and can make the reader feel, why not, just move from writing with a pencil to a typewriter? If someone can't do it well and the only way for him to do it is to rewrite it from some source, then why not use AI to make it more quality?

Anthony,

It is a professional human + AI that produces a superior service (using paid version of ChatGPT). Good luck trying to beat that combination.

AI by itself or the free version of ChatGPT is low quality. Mostly junk.

99%+ of the freelancers are using the free version and / or AI by itself.

bf97c28c
Community Member

Hi Gagan, it's an interesting question.  I think the closer your offer is to the client, the better. For example, your main profile describes 5 skills. In your second profile, there is only one. The client only needs a solution with this skill. Your offer should contain a link to the second profile.
Because the client has many offers from other freelancers. And as usual, he looks through them very quickly. To understand how many freelancers like you are offering the same job, click "Your Network" on your page. And look at their profiles this is useful.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths