🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Is the demise of Community Badges permanent?
Page options
nyonomega0
Community Member

Is the demise of Community Badges permanent?

Hello Upwork,

I see that my 'Community Guru' badge has dispersed into nothingness. Is this permanent?

Thank You.

-----

Admin edit: Locking thread as it turned into a Stan AMA - We'll do a dedicated topic for that soon when I have a bit more time! -Stan

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
StanG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Sushant, we have retired the ranks as they existed before.  See anouncement here

We are working on a revamped rank/badging program that we plan to roll out over the coming months. With it, we'll include a lot more of the 'how' and 'why' behind each rank. Everything we do will take into account all past history though!  

View solution in original post

49 REPLIES 49
jr-translation
Community Member

You could have left the dinosaurs but fix the images but I guess we just wait for the Easter Bunny.

Do you have plans on how to handle all the blog posts and articles you get spammed with? Once word is out that this leads to a higher rank people will get busy (copying).

Worried that people will create fake content that we don't ever approve for publishing? No, that isn't a concern we have had honestly. Seems like a lot of work that would go absolutely no where. Those also don't work like the forums where we just allow anyone to post though, there is a full workflow / review process.

m_terrazas
Community Member

Stan, off topic, but since you're here I'll take advantage.
I already asked in another thread and no response.

Could you look at why every time I enter the forums I have to log in? It does not ask for any information, it connects automatically when you click on "Login".

StanG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry if I missed it.

Inactivity timer is set to 30 minutes. As long as you do <something> that is registered in Community within 30 minutes, it should keep you logged in. This is the default, I honestly have no idea what it is on Upwork but will have to find out (Do you know?). We should be able to mirror that so they are the same at least.

As for not prompting for any info when clicking login - Upwork & Community share the same account, so as long as the authentication within Upwork is active still in the browser, it'll see that and log you in.

m_terrazas
Community Member

Why is there a set time to be active? Is it something that I can establish?
Because it really is uncomfortable.

StanG
Community Manager
Community Manager

It's a global setting unfortunately - Let me see how much we can increase it as I do know our platform has a limit (It's a known painpoint / security feature).  I realized as I thought about it, most must be logged into Upwork for the entire day, so it does make sense.  Let me double check what all is possible before I make any promises.

Edit: I actually just made a change - You'll have to let me know if it works or not!

m_terrazas
Community Member

Stan G wrote:

It's a global setting unfortunately - Let me see how much we can increase it as I do know our platform has a limit (It's a known painpoint / security feature).  I realized as I thought about it, most must be logged into Upwork for the entire day, so it does make sense.  Let me double check what all is possible before I make any promises.

Edit: I actually just made a change - You'll have to let me know if it works or not!

First, thanks for looking.
What I do not understand very well is that it is for security. I just have to click on Login and that's it.
If it's for security, Upwork should also be blocked if I don't use it, right? But that doesn't happen, and I don't want it to happen either.

On the other hand, what are you supposed to have done that should tell you if it works? If I know it, I can test if it works 🙂

StanG
Community Manager
Community Manager

We simply increased the timeout time on our side so it shouldn't prompt as often for you to have to log into Community. (Or so we hope).

By default it would log you out after 30 minutes of not doing anything in Community. It should now keep your session active for the day so you won't have to log in more than twice in a day. So nothing to test beyond the idea it should work better now!

wescowley
Community Member

Stan G wrote:

. This is the default, I honestly have no idea what it is on Upwork but will have to find out (Do you know?). We should be able to mirror that so they are the same at least.

I can't tell you what the timeout is for Upwork, but I can tell you that the only time I have to log in to the main site on my desktop is when I have to clear cookies.

Wes C wrote:

Stan G wrote:

. This is the default, I honestly have no idea what it is on Upwork but will have to find out (Do you know?). We should be able to mirror that so they are the same at least.

I can't tell you what the timeout is for Upwork, but I can tell you that the only time I have to log in to the main site on my desktop is when I have to clear cookies.

Me too. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths