🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Just when I thought I'd seen it all.
Page options
kathy1010
Community Member

Just when I thought I'd seen it all.

Just saw a job for 1000 articles for $45.00 dollars. That's so crazy.

13 REPLIES 13
iamchunchunchun
Community Member

To be fair, he actually said that he is going to pay $3 for each article.

I think that we for the 1st article, no?

@Hiu Chun L wrote:

What is fair about paying $3 for an article?

@Prashant P wrote:

@Hiu Chun L wrote:

What is fair about paying $3 for an article?

It's probably because my English is awful. I'm not trying to say that the rate is good. Smiley LOL

I don't think he was saying that the rate was fair. I think he was saying, "To be fair to the client, the actual rate listed doesn't match those numbers."

lakeishahutton
Community Member

It is crazy because they are requesting some crazy terms for very low wages. 

I think the budget is meant for the first 15 of 1000. Not all 1000

@Lakeisha H wrote:

It is crazy because they are requesting some crazy terms for very low wages. 

It's sort of funny when clients do that. It's a bit like a letter to Santa Claus. I wonder if it works, if they get answers from people willing to offer the world for them.

h3hdv7rlssvtxxzp
Community Member

But think it big. What people today are promised. Scale it up. They are promised, well some of them, that they may earn their living and pay taxes for 20-30 years. That's it. Is it a good deal?

Many of them, depending on the mercy of their government are not even granted the wonders of offspring. And for sure, governments today in Europe and US are seriously calculating who are profitable people and who not.

Working for a couple of bucks online is not much different from givin your whole life, or is it?

Working for a couple of bucks online is not much different from givin your whole life, or is it?

Kristo, that's a real mega-ton of depression there. I hope you're not that down all the time. Honestly ... that's a very jolting post. 

What was the original thread? Oh, yes -- the pre-1740 wages. I never imagined wages that low simply didn't attract bids. George Carlin once said "If you nail two sticks together, some schmuck will buy them from ya." I always thought that rule applied here, too. If you offer money, no matter what for, someone is going to hold their hand out and see if you'll give it to them.

It's a little comforting to think that might be wrong ... that these wages are just loss leaders and nobody really takes the bait.

@Anthony H wrote:

Kristo, that's a real mega-ton of depression there. I hope you're not that down all the time. Honestly ... that's a very jolting post. 

What was the original thread? Oh, yes -- the pre-1740 wages. I never imagined wages that low simply didn't attract bids. George Carlin once said "If you nail two sticks together, some schmuck will buy them from ya." I always thought that rule applied here, too. If you offer money, no matter what for, someone is going to hold their hand out and see if you'll give it to them.

It's a little comforting to think that might be wrong ... that these wages are just loss leaders and nobody really takes the bait.

Sadly, it's not wrong. Many passionate writters here and elsewhere take the bait along with the hook, line, and sinker everyday. 

lucycodex
Community Member

I saw a job that was 50,000 words for 90 dollars. That might as well just be indentured servitude. 

I had one the other day that was looking to build something that completely  violates the laws of thermodynamics, and for only $75 too!  Smiley LOL

Latest Articles
Learning Paths