🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Longest contract on Upwork
Page options
ottoemilschmid
Community Member

Longest contract on Upwork

Hi

What is the longest contract you have had with a single customer on Upwork?  Did the customer offer you a permanent position as a result of the contract?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
msbisht1980
Community Member

My longest client came after 3 months me making my login in upowork while at that time it was known as odesk. The client was from new york and with my knowledge was able to generate revenue beyond his expectation and  the client was intact with me for 2.5 years before they sold the business to other entity.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
fef230a9
Community Member

Hey Otto!

I'm new here, but I've been watching many training videos and testimonials on Upwork! It seems that getting full-time work is super common, which is fantastic! Presentation and honesty are everything and I have a feeling that's what clients look for. Best of luck with your endeavors with Upwork!

thanks Sadie!

msbisht1980
Community Member

My longest client came after 3 months me making my login in upowork while at that time it was known as odesk. The client was from new york and with my knowledge was able to generate revenue beyond his expectation and  the client was intact with me for 2.5 years before they sold the business to other entity.

mwiggenhorn
Community Member

I've had contracts that lasted 2-4 years, with sporadic work during that time.  Wonderful stuff.  Never wanted full time.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Otto, my clients usually last less than one month and on a rare occassion longer. At my $200 discounted per hour rate, clients can't afford that longterm. Thanks!

carter-stuart_da
Community Member

My longest-running contract has been 2 years and 2 months now. Translating their articles from English to Spanish. I got the job after 2 months on Upwork and it is still running.

6bfcdaf8
Community Member

Someone just posted a screenshot in a local community, taken from upwork, a contract from Jan 2013 to May 2022 thats 9 years! More than 14K hours billed. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths