🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Meta tags
Page options
kathy1010
Community Member

Meta tags

Hi, guys. A client asked me to add meta tags to her blogs in Word. I contacted Microsoft Help, and they have no club. Does anyone here know. Please !! Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
2a05aa63
Community Member

You could ask the client to elaborate.
google gives this tutorial: https://www.webworks.com/Documentation/Reverb/index.html#page/Preparing%20and%20Publishing%20Content...

Thanks. I will check it out.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "A client asked me to add meta tags to her blogs in Word."

Tell the client:

"Fern:

Thank you for the opportunity to work on this project. I do not know how to add meta tags to blogs in Word. I recommend posting a job on Upwork specifying what you want to accomplish, and using that job post to hire two or three people to consult with who can help you with this."

Thanks, Preston.  She's a rather long-standing client. This was a new request to add to our blogs. She's been doing them herself I am trying t oblige her.

booksist
Community Member

I believe your client wanted to say meta descriptions, not meta tags. A meta description is a blurb that’s shown beneath a web article’s title in a Google search. It gives brief info on what the article is about. It needs to be really short - up to 160 characters.

hglewis
Community Member

Hi Virginia,

If it's meta descriptions, they are pretty easy to do. Just ask your client for samples she's written. You'll quickly pick up the cadence or template she's using.

If, on the other hand, it's meta tags, that's website coding. If written correctly helps rank a page. Incorrectly, well, let's just say your client may hold it against you because the page is not ranking to her expectations.

ba2680a5
Community Member

Hi,

I have 15 years experience in seo. I have create meta tag for your blog. 

Thank you

Harendra Thakur

9486af42
Community Member

Hey, 

Usually, meta tags come with the Media content in the blog and also in the page setting. Apart from the other stuff. I am talking about only meta tag addition. Microsoft will not be able to help you in this particular case, because the word file does not have any meta tag addition system. 

But if you are writing it in word you can mention the tag in the text and also remember there are character limitations. 

Hope it helps.
If you need any more info please do let me know, will try my best. 

Regards

Latest Articles
Learning Paths