Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Petra will "love" this

Community Leader
Ines H Member Since: Feb 15, 2017
1 of 11

2019-03-23_15-09-22.png

New promo for agencies when searching for freelancers?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 11

Ines H wrote:

 

New promo for agencies when searching for freelancers?


headbang.gif

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
3 of 11
“Agencies have the brains to and brawn to tackle your next challenge for you.”

Maybe an agency wrote that? It should be “brains and brawn to”.
__________________________________________________
"No good deed goes unpunished." -- Clare Boothe Luce
Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
4 of 11

(edited: see below)

Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
5 of 11

You tell 'em, John!

 

(Also: Unclear how often or in what manner any significant "brawn" comes into play via a platform that is dominated by cyber-work.)

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 11

Janean L wrote:

 

(Also: Unclear how often or in what manner any significant "brawn" comes into play.)


I'd hate to think this through to any even remotely probable conclusion...

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
7 of 11

Petra R wrote:

Janean L wrote:

 

(Also: Unclear how often or in what manner any significant "brawn" comes into play.)


I'd hate to think this through to any even remotely probable conclusion...


I did freelancer and job searches for "piano mover" and didn't come up with real hits, so perhaps there's a niche that's ripe for development.

__________________________________________________
"No good deed goes unpunished." -- Clare Boothe Luce
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
8 of 11

John K wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Janean L wrote:

 

(Also: Unclear how often or in what manner any significant "brawn" comes into play.)


I'd hate to think this through to any even remotely probable conclusion...


I did freelancer and job searches for "piano mover" and didn't come up with real hits, so perhaps there's a niche that's ripe for development.


Do a search for "piano mover with brawn" (brains don't matter). See if that helps.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I notice that announcement is another well-written directive from Upwork. Who is proofing this stuff, anyway?

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
9 of 11

Janean L wrote:

You tell 'em, John!

 

(Also: Unclear how often or in what manner any significant "brawn" comes into play via a platform that is dominated by cyber-work.)


____________________

I understand the "brawn" bit ... 

 

 

 

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
10 of 11

Janean L wrote:

You tell 'em, John!

 

(Also: Unclear how often or in what manner any significant "brawn" comes into play via a platform that is dominated by cyber-work.)


Pencil (or electron) pushers love to describe their work as if were physical, even heroic. Compare "road warriors" for business travelers. Upwork seems to be using (presumably along with others in the business world) a rather silly metaphor for personpower, or head count.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS