🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Reporting fakes
Page options
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Reporting fakes

Is there a way to report fake profile pictures/ profiles for a freelancer who has set his/her profile to private?  Please, please let me know as these people are a great big pimple on the face of Upwork.

9 REPLIES 9
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Mary,

The best way to report any content that may be in violation of Upwork TOS is to use "Flag as Inappropriate" links throughout the site or "Notify Moderator" option here in the Community. Our teams are grateful for users who report violations this way and check every report. although we won't be able to share the results of our review, we do take appropriate action. I'd also like to note that while we won't be able to share information about a specific account's status, if a profile is unavailable or hidden from public view it may mean that action has already been taken against it due to a TOS violation.

~ Valeria
Upwork
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Thanks Valeria.  If a profile is private, there is no option to flag as inappropriate.  I have been notifying the moderator as appropriate, just wondered if there is an easier way.

mwiggenhorn
Community Member

And the ones I've notified the moderator about - fake profile pictures - are still there.

Mary,

Rest assured we've received your report and action has already been taken against the account in question. Thanks.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello Upwork team.

I have full proof document that tells one freelancer has been selling his account. He has changed his mind and started selling his account to another person.

I will share the documents so that it would be suspended.

Hi Neil,

Thank you for your message. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Pradeep.

I sent more information with screenshots

Hello Pradeep.

Please let me know if you have received my message that includes screenshots.

I'm happy to share more details if needed.

Thanks

6fcd18b4
Community Member

Hello Pradeep.

Please let me know if you have received my message that includes screenshots.

I'm happy to share more details if needed.

Thanks

Latest Articles
Learning Paths