cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shout out to Bill H.

Community Guru
Sergio S Member Since: Dec 19, 2017
11 of 15

Thanks for the update, Bill. Good vibes to you.

Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
12 of 15

Glad to  hear that you are doing fairly well, at least better then when you were a few weeks ago. Stay involved in your work. It's easy to get discouraged and to feel sorry for yourself. Work might keep you motivated and make you feel that you still have a purpose. Being confined to a walker/wheelchair is not the end of things. They are just additional pieces of equipment to help you. 

As we don't forget about you, don't you forget about us. Come back on here from time to time and let us know how you're doing, (good or bad) Because we all care.

Community Guru
Bill H Member Since: Aug 18, 2017
13 of 15

Kathy,

Two quiescent long-term clients contacted me recently about doing some work for them. One isn't ready, the other trusts me after fifteen years and doesn't want to work with the woman I've passed other clients to - or anybody else.

The one who wants only me was contacted by an old friend and asked if he would buy his business. Old friend had a stroke four months ago. I agreed to act as intermediary. Old friend lives in a universe where magic is practiced. He believes some people have magic secrets and just won't use them to the benefit of others. He knows my client can conjure up enough money to give him top dollar for 85% of his business, all cash up font, the money to find, hire and train a professional sales force, fix the management problems in the company that have resulted in employees stealing clients (not to mention stealing company money), and pay friend $80K/year for "advice to senior management," and show results quickly.

I spent an hour putting together the plan and an hour talking to friend. Unfortunately, I don't believe in the kind of magic that is practiced in this fellow's world. I'm telling him tomorrow to hire somebody to do the fixing, my client isn't a good fit.

The other fellow knows my physical limitations and is amenable to bringing in the woman I recommend when he's ready.

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
14 of 15

Bill, you rank right up there with some of the 'most honorable' people I've ever had the joy of knowing.  Your clients have been and are blessed to have you on their side.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
15 of 15

Hey Bill, 

I'm so glad to see you post in the Community again! I hope I see you more often in other threads, and boards. Robot Happy

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS