cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tell us about your First Time

Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
1 of 17

After 3 years and 1 month I received my first "Edited for Community Guidelines". This occurred because I mentioned Portuguese Singing was the #1 recommended job in my recommended list. I guess the issue was that what was posted was the name of the job, but still a major let down that this would be my first transgression ever. You can never go back and make a first impression and I feel like - with that bullet out of the gun - my effort to tilt at the system was flaccid. Since I get no re-do I thought it might be interesting to see what other's first time getting edited were. Was your first time memorable or as forgettable as my transgression? Do share! Smiley Very Happy 

For the record here is the shameful evidence of my wrong doing: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Recommended-Jobs-all-Screwed-Up/m-p/545179/highlight/fal...

Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
2 of 17

I have been edited so often that I have mostly given up posting.

Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
3 of 17

@Janean L wrote:

I have been edited so often that I have mostly given up posting.

Ditto. And recently I was accused of trolling because I dared to ask the same question twice. A question that still hasn't been answered. 

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
4 of 17

Me too. But it's a rite of passage. One so often forgets the rules ... 

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
5 of 17

Once? Amateur.

i saw VLAD DADDY say "in a jiffy" a couple days ago and I really wanted to reply and say "VLAD DADDY WHO DID THIS TO YOU???" Who americanized VLAD DADDY? I want their name. But then I would get modded. But for real I wanna know.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 17

Scott, when I saw the title of your post here I thought you might be in for another Edited label.

Indirectly related to the question Scott raised, I just remembered that my first "alternative" Edited label was posted on Rene's comment on a topic that might have been related to mirror writing, and read something along the line of "senilediuG ytinummoC rof detidE".

C'mon Jennifer, a mod wouldn't mod that question. And Lena's to blame...

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
7 of 17

@Vladimir G wrote:

C'mon Jennifer, a mod wouldn't mod that question. And Lena's to blame...

oic

image.png

Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
8 of 17

@Vladimir G wrote:

Scott, when I saw the title of your post here I thought you might be in for another Edited label.

I assure you that I have no idea what you are talking about. Smiley Embarassed

I do like where Vlad is going here. If you are a mod and reading this, please post about your first time editing for community guidelines. It has to be like a cop's first ticket, isn't it? 

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
9 of 17

I've never been edited, i.e. had my wrist slapped.  I have, however, had whole posts removed, i.e. gotten smacked with a wooden spoon on my posterior.

Bless your hearts.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
10 of 17

Hi Scott,

I'm actually very happy that I had to edit your post for nothing more serious than posting a link to a job posting (we always remove links to job postings and links to freelancer profiles unless the owner of the profile posts it.)

I would also like to use this opportunity to remind everybody of our Community Guidelines overall and of this violation specifically:

• Discussing or reposting deleted posts or warning letters or discussion of sanctioned or no longer registered members.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS