Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tell us about your First Time

Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
11 of 17

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Scott,

I'm actually very happy that I had to edit your post for nothing more serious than posting a link to a job posting (we always remove links to job postings and links to freelancer profiles unless the owner of the profile posts it.)

I would also like to use this opportunity to remind everybody of our Community Guidelines overall and of this violation specifically:

• Discussing or reposting deleted posts or warning letters or discussion of sanctioned or no longer registered members.

Thanks.

Valeria - You are one of my favorite mods so I am honored that it was you who gave me this wrist slap after all of this time! However, now I don't know what to feel because a I never intended to post a link nor did I realize that I did. I was copying the name of the job but I am now assuming it might have also copied the link even though the output didn't look like it. So I actually broke the rules on even greater accident. I think somehow that actually makes me more lame (the bar is low I understand). Golly Gee Wilikers, what a terrible way to end such a Boy Scout streak!

Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
12 of 17

@Valeria K wrote:

I would also like to use this opportunity to remind everybody of our Community Guidelines overall and of this violation specifically:

• Discussing or reposting deleted posts or warning letters or discussion of sanctioned or no longer registered members.

Thanks.

8xvf9.jpg

Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
13 of 17

@Jess C wrote:

@Valeria K wrote:

Thanks.

8xvf9.jpg

Like I said, I am a big fan of Valeria and all she does (and deals with) on this forum. But this post.. Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
14 of 17

@Scott B wrote:

@Jess C wrote:

@Valeria K wrote:

Thanks.

8xvf9.jpg

Like I said, I am a big fan of Valeria and all she does (and deals with) on this forum. But this post.. Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Also a Valeria fan, but that picture is gold Cat LOL

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
15 of 17

@Scott B wrote:

After 3 years and 1 month I received my first "Edited for Community Guidelines". This occurred because I mentioned Portuguese Singing was the #1 recommended job in my recommended list. I guess the issue was that what was posted was the name of the job, but still a major let down that this would be my first transgression ever. You can never go back and make a first impression and I feel like - with that bullet out of the gun - my effort to tilt at the system was flaccid. Since I get no re-do I thought it might be interesting to see what other's first time getting edited were. Was your first time memorable or as forgettable as my transgression? Do share! Smiley Very Happy 

For the record here is the shameful evidence of my wrong doing: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Recommended-Jobs-all-Screwed-Up/m-p/545179/highlight/fal...

I either don't remember it or it hasn't happened yet... but I used a bad word recently just to point out to someone that he shouldn't use the same bad word - in his case it was included in the name of a screenshot he had attached. The bad word was changed immediately after I submitted my post - which I found absolutely fascinating, because I've never seen that before. Plus, obviously, I am easily entertained. 

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
16 of 17

Like Janean wrote .... too many times to remember and included getting sent to 'time out' when I was persistent in trying to get a definitive answer (eLance era).

Community Guru
Bill H Member Since: Aug 18, 2017
17 of 17

During the elance era I was probably the most-often "post deleted" poster on the platform. I think the first memorable one was answering someone's question about Time Tracker, and explaining why it was useless. It's so easy to bypass that anybody who can't figure out how is too unintelligent to work for me. Then I went on to describe the no-brainer way to bypass it. Yeah, that last bit was industrial strength stupidity on my part.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS