🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » There's always one that breaks the mold ....
Page options
allpurposewriter
Community Member

There's always one that breaks the mold ....

I am looking for a high-quality ghostwriter to write a series of several short stories of 10k to 15K words (of high-quality content; no filler... i.e. getting rid of all contractions to get the word count up)

Getting rid of contractions to get the word count up? I don't think I can even write my reaction to this. Well, I could, but they sure wouldn't print it here. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I don't think I can even write my reaction to this. Well, I could, but they sure wouldn't print it here."

Correction:

You DO NOT think you can even write your reaction to this. Well, you could but they sure WOULD NOT print it here.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I don't think I can even write my reaction to this. Well, I could, but they sure wouldn't print it here."

Correction:

You DO NOT think you can even write your reaction to this. Well, you could but they sure WOULD NOT print it here.

I thought of that, Preston, but I weren't in the mood. I was too pissed.

I was strolling through jobs, one of which said they would pay 0.011 cents per word. Then I ran into that bleep. I couldn't bleeping believe my eyes. I'm glad swearing isn't allowed. Otherwise, I would have gone off the bleeping charts. 

8f6b973b
Community Member

I understand your concern about getting rid of contractions to artificially inflate the word count of a story. While it's essential to maintain a reasonable word count to provide substance to a story, removing contractions solely for the purpose of increasing the word count is generally not recommended. High-quality content should prioritize clarity, readability, and engaging storytelling over arbitrary word counts.

A skilled ghostwriter will focus on crafting compelling narratives, well-developed characters, and engaging plots that captivate readers. They won't rely on such tactics as eliminating contractions or adding filler content to meet a specific word count.

If you're looking for a high-quality ghostwriter to create engaging short stories, it's best to communicate your expectations clearly and collaborate with a writer who can deliver meaningful content without resorting to unnecessary word count manipulation. Quality always trumps quantity in the world of storytelling.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

No advertising of services!

AI strikes again...

That was an AI response??? I was wondering who was the stiff .... that was AI? Fancy that.

AI or not, that is the question.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths