๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป Coffee Break ยป What was it like to live without smartphones?...
Page options
Community Member

What was it like to live without smartphones?๐Ÿ“ฑ

11 REPLIES 11
da5b0592
Community Member

It was fine. I could play snake and send SMS messages, that's most of what I needed, and best of all, I wasn't "online" and available 24/7. What a time to be alive, it's probably what I hate the most with social media and the new digital reality of today.

allpurposewriter
Community Member

It was dreadful. We had to hold conversations with each other or read books. We had to acknowledge other people when they walked into a room and we even had to look people in the eye. Please don't make us go back to that. It was torture.

We also had to give firm handshakes, and stand up straight. OooooOooOOOoooo...

the-right-writer
Community Member

People did not have the "bump" develop on the posterior cervical spine (back of the neck) from the constant downward angle of looking at the phone. This is true.

People did not have thumbs or fingers larger from constant use. This is also true. Check your own hand. You might be surprised. Many people have larger thumbs.

As Anthony mentioned, the connection to the rest of the world is gone for those immersed in their phones. 

It still seems like a sci-fi flick to walk into a large waiting room and see every single person with their head down and only in the world of their smartphone.

2a05aa63
Community Member

Landlines were awful. People could find your number in address books. People would prank or spam call and you couldn't do anything but disable the phone altogether. And you wouldn't know who calls so you had to pick up to know. The phone could ring at the middle of the night.

For years before smartphones, you simply asked to be removed from the phone book.

When the phone rang in the middle of the night, you knew it was an emergency.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Better connections.

29e54228
Community Member

It was hard to communicate or to learn from the internet 

c109288b
Community Member

Terrible life in the terrible world.

It is awful just to imagine.

rafikdz
Community Member

Oh Dear!? You did to live evenremaind me of beautifull time, full of emotios.

I am not that old but fortunetly, I have got the opportunity to live some of that during my childhood.

it was in the 90s, in my home country Alegeria.

the overal, life was much better, we used to spend a lot of time togather, do a lot out door activities, collective games, better health, better connections, better lifestyle.

back than life was simple, human beings were simple.

Looking back, it's clear that the magic of those times lay in their simplicity.

Life wasn't about the latest gadgets or the fastest internet;

it was about the connections we nurtured and the moments we cherished.

Though time has marched forward and the world has evolved, the essence of those years lives on in the hearts of those who were fortunate enough to experience them.

I simply miss that time.

a8ee0270
Community Member

for me, It's okey because sometimes I want to fee the silence and peace that I don't think what is the new posts, updates, and etc. living without phones is just a simpe life that you should communicate and play to other people rather than always putting yourself to the phone watching nonsense and cellphone can also harm your eyes and other parts of the body. In that ways sometimes I want to feel the absence of celphone and be the person you want to be just like a normal child that always thinking of playing games with other friends with no cellphone involved. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths