🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: "Undefined" glitch in Community posts
Page options
jcullinan
Community Member

"Undefined" glitch in Community posts

Is anyone else seeing this glitch, when you quote a user in the forum and see "undefined" instead of the author's name?

I initially reported this on Friday but there's no response yet and the problem persists.  (https://community.upwork.com/t5/Coffee-Break/Punchlist-for-Upwork/m-p/467882/highlight/true#M37443)

Screen Shot 2018-03-09 at 12.39.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-09 at 12.39.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-09 at 12.39.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 12.25.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 12.27.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 12.27.53 PM.png

I'm using Chrome on a Mac, if that makes any difference at all. Cookies and cache are not a factor.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

We have released a fix for the issue with quotes in the Community. It should now show authors' names correctly but please let us know if you see "undefined" in quotes again.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

I am seeing it from time to time, had already noticed it when you posted the other day. It seems to happen randomly for me, although possibly more often on older threads. In fact, I initially thought I was seeing ancient comments by people whose accounts no longer exist.

I see it as well, using Chrome on Win 7 & 10

I got this when replying to a brand new post less then 15 minutes old on 3/12/18.

pandoraharper
Community Member

yes. Chrome, Windows 7. 

jcullinan
Community Member

There's weird behavior happening in the HTML editor.

Directly after hitting "quote" in the HTML editor(I starred out my own username):

Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 1.51.43 PM.png

And switching back to Rich Text, with the username intact in the HTML, results in no name showing at all:

Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 1.52.24 PM.png

jcullinan
Community Member

Can we get a Moderator to actually reply to this issue?

Is there a fix coming?

Seriously!

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Jess and others,

We are aware of the issue with some quotes in the Community and are working to have it fixed as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we don't have a timeline for the fix yet.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Upwork
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

We have released a fix for the issue with quotes in the Community. It should now show authors' names correctly but please let us know if you see "undefined" in quotes again.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you - it does seem to be working correctly again.

I do notice that the "quote" button is now missing from the HTML editor. Probably for the best.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths