🐈
» Community » Community Blog » How I Landed 4 Jobs in 1 Week on Upwork as a ...
Page options
Oct 02, 2023
How I Landed 4 Jobs in 1 Week on Upwork as a Newbie

We all know securing multiple jobs on Upwork can be super challenging as a newbie but with the right strategies, and consistency it’s definitely achievable.

I have been freelancing for a while but joined Upwork a little over a month ago. I had a few strategies in mind that I implemented and they helped me land 4 jobs in a week, so I wanted to share it with you all.

Here's a breakdown of how I managed to land those jobs:

Optimized Profile

Optimizing your profile is the first step to establishing yourself on any platform. 

Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 1.28.25 PM.png

I optimized my profile properly showcasing all my skills, certifications, projects, testimonials, and professional experience to get maximum invites. 

Make sure you optimize your Upwork profile with a professional profile picture, relevant experience, skills, projects, and past client testimonials. This will help the recruiters understand your background better and your chances of getting hired increase.

Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 1.28.56 PM.png

Specialized Proposals

While submitting proposals for projects I always used specific proposals for that job and addressed the client’s needs. This showcases my dedication to the client and increases my chances of getting hired.

Make sure not to use generic proposals for all the projects and instead create a job-specific proposal addressing the client’s problems and solutions. It would be the cherry on the cake to include all your relevant experiences related to that job field.

Quick Responses

I always kept Upwork notifications turned on to ensure I didn't miss any messages.

Responding to the clients on time makes a huge difference. I made sure to respond to my clients in a clear and professional manner as quick & and clear communication is the key to a long client relationship. 

Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 1.28.43 PM.png

Don’t underestimate the importance of a timely response it can get you clients you never expected.

Flexible Pricing

Keeping your fee flexible is a big on closing the deal on Upwork. I set competitive rates based on the job's requirements and my expertise. I was open to negotiation, showing clients I valued the relationship more than just the pay. 

To build long-term relationships with clients you have to give them a fair price so they keep coming back to you in the future. 

Stayed Active

Last but not least, I stayed active on the platform as it’s the most important one can do to secure jobs on Upwork. I regularly checked the job feed for new postings and applied to the jobs that fit me promptly, especially those marked as "Urgent" as the early proposals get the most attention from the clients. 

To land maximum projects, you have to stay active and keep applying for jobs.

Conclusion

Closing deals as a fresher on the platform is hard but by combining these strategies with dedication and a genuine passion for my work, I was able to secure four jobs in a single week on Upwork. 

Remember not to sleep on consistency. Consistency is the key to having a successful career as a freelancer on any platform.

Bonus Tips

• Before submitting a proposal make sure to properly understand the requirements of the client and ask the right questions.
  • Focus on building a long-term relationship rather than short-term money-making projects.
  • Always follow up with the client after submitting a proposal. Sometimes follow-ups can do wonders.
133 Comments