🐈
» Groups » Microsoft 365 Community » Forum » Wasting Connects, jobs posted by unresponding...
Page options
c8dbf8fd
Community Member

Wasting Connects, jobs posted by unresponding Clients

Nowadays, most clients post a job and forget about it. What's happening?  The clients are verified and some even spent. It's disheartening to spend more money than I earn.

For the last 2 months, I spent over 220 connects. I applied for jobs but still no response. I spent more than I earn on Upwork and it's tiring. I know most freelancers are facing the same problem.

Nowadays a large number of fake clients are coming on Upwork. they only posted the job and did not hire any freelancers. Many freelancers are facing financial loss due to such clients.  freelancer needs connects to apply for the job and it has to be bought. There should also be a rule for such clients that when they post jobs, they require connects or the job posting should have an expiration date if they post a job and didn't hire any freelancer for more than a week the job should be removed so that freelancers can get their connects back to apply for another job. Doing so will reduce fake clients and only those clients posted the job which needs real work. thanks

Sincerely,

Ilyass Ali

1 REPLY 1
e053a32c
Community Member

This is very true. I have been bidding for jobs,even if you are on top.most
of the clients are unresponsive nor do they view your proposals nor hire
you. The payments methods are verified and some going to an extend to even
tell u to get the job you must contact them on telegram. There are many
fake clients and we the freelancers are the ones facing financial losses.
How i wish upwork could come up with better strategies to deal with all
these,and to also reduce the service fee from 10%to 5%