🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Top-rated freelancers: where can I find t...
Page options
alexandernovikov
Community Member

0% fee 'Bring your own client'

Just got that mail... that sounds like a great thing, and i will be sure to use it when i get a chance.

But what bugs me: how do you plan to deal with the people who would hire themselves to gain success score, opening fake accounts of clients? It will be so cheap to do so (just some foreign exchange commissions, or maybe not even that when using U.S. payment methods) that it will be tempting to do so. Won't we soon face a whole new brand of fakes?

What i suggest: don't include contracts with these 0% clients into JSS calculation, top rated/rising talent, and otherwise take means to make sure they don't help a profile stand out.

296 REPLIES 296
ribicb
Community Member

I too am interested in this. How would I bring a client to upwork and get the 0% fees?

Hi Bogdan,

At this time, a freelancer will have to have Top Rated badge status to be eligible to participate in this program.

~Nina

And I am couple percent below that because of few small jobs that ruin my average. This would be a long-term job in upper bracket of what I had so far via your site, a kind of client you want on your site and not on a competing one.

Hi!

I wasn't aware of this promotion and did not receive any email. I can't see any options on my account too. I just got wind of this through word of mouth from a fellow Upwork friend... Is it possible to get a referral link? I got around 3 NEW clients who signed up this year with Upwork and wasn't able to take advantage of this. I have another prospect coming in and hopefully I can take advantage of this.

Hi Vanessa, 

I'll go ahead and share your information to the team so that they can reach out to you with your personal link, and more information about the program. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, I became top-rated a couple weeks ago, but can't find the email that gives me a link to bring outside clients to Upwork. I've searched through my Inbox and Trash folder to no avail.

Someone recently contacted me through LinkedIn to do some work, and he's willing to pay me through Upwork. Can you please send me the link, or let me know if I need to do something to find it? I thought maybe it would be listed in my profile/account, but didn't find it there. He's ready to get the work started right away, so I'd like to send him the link as soon as possible.

Many thanks,

Jennifer

Hello Jennifer,

I'll have someone from our team reach out to you to assist you regarding the BYOC link.

Thank you and congratulations!

Untitled

Hey Ryan,

I've been a top rated user for a while now and still haven't received any message in regard to the BYOC.

Is there any chance I get a BYOC link as well?

I would like to bring a new client to upwork asap.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Dimitrie,

I'll forward your account information to the team and they'll reach out to you if you qualify for the program.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you, Valeria. It’s really kind of you.

Dimitrie
mehdi42ai
Community Member

Hi, 

I want to bring my client to upwork, we have a project of 400$ and I want to know how much we have to pay?

Thank you

Hi Mehdi,

You can find more details about Upwork fees here.

Note that if this client isn't already on Upwork and you're received the BYOC link, you as a freelancer will have 0% service fee applied on earnings you receive on contracts with this client going forward. Your client will still be charged the 2.75% payment processing fee.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thank you Vladimir for your reply,

Could you please send me the BYOC link so I can send it to my client.

Best

Hi Mehdi,

Our team will send you the link soon, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Please send it me asap, because we are waiting on this. 

Thank you very much.

Hello Goran. We were working with majority of our clients offline but we would like to invite some of them to work with us using upwork. Can you please provide us BYOC link so that we could have 0% fee for those clients.

Hi Alex,

Unfortunately you`re not eligible for this program. Only Rising Talent and Top Rated freelancer are eligible for 0% fee on contracts with clients who are signed up trough their unique link.
Once you have received a badge on your profile/agency feel free to follow up here and our team will send you the link shortly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I recently asked my customer to start paying my monthly maintainance fees via upwork.

How can i avail 0% fees on upwork for that new contract?

Basit

Hi Basit,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket with the link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
gxash
Community Member

Hi everyone,

Just recieved the Top Rated status and also recieved info about this promo, but now, that I want to bring new client, I can't find this info anywhere. Can something be done here, is there a way to recieve new link for invite new clients?

Thanks 

nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Vladimir,

We'll have a member of the team reach out to you with a link for you to use to invite a client. Thanks and congrats on becoming Top Rated!

~Nina
raquibshikder
Community Member

Hello 

Please help me, I have a client outside upwork I want to invite him and work in upwork,I am a rising seller how can I avail the facilites to bring the customer here in upwork and enjoy 0% fees.

Thanks 

Hi Raquib,

I apologize for my confusion.  Bring Your Own Client program is currently only available for Top Rated and Rising Talent freelancer. Someone from our team will reach out to you with a link to participate in the Bring Your Own Client promotion.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mariammanga
Community Member

How to invite a client I know to uowork and benefit from the 0% fee?

I'm top rated

Thanks!

Hi Mariam,

Someone from our team will reach out to provide your unique link. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
carbonexit
Community Member

Hello there,

I am a top-rated freelance on Upwork and I would like to bring an external client to the platform. Where can I find the link to have him to register so that there is no fees for future contracts with him.

Thanks

Hi Francois,

Our team will reach out to you and send you the link along with detailed instructions on how to use it, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran and Upwork,

I've just invited a Client to Upwork using my BYOC link.

The client has created a project and manually invited me to interview, however, on making a proposal, the fee breakdown still showed Upwork fee -20%.

Can someone look into this to make sure that the fee will be removed...

Thanks, Alex

Hi Alexander,

Feel free to accept the invitation/offer and after couple of days the fee will be automatically reduced to 0%. If the fee is not changed after a couple of days let us know and our team will assist you with this, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello guys

I am Top Rated freelancer and want to invite company to work with me. Could you please send me my personal link, so I can start work with them.

Thank you

Hi Denis,

I've shared your account information to the team. They will email your personal profile link and more information about the program. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi im top rated freelancer, and i'm intrestead in Bring your own client program. I want to bring the company that wants to hire me to upwork , so I would need an email with personal link from you if. I can get one ?

Thank you

Hi Dusan,

Someone from the team will email you with your personal link. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

I'm a top rated freelancer and would like a link to invite a client to the platform.

(I'm pretty sure I received a email about this option a long time ago but couldn't find it anymore)

Thanks

Hi Luiz,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I'll go ahead and share your account information with the team so that they can get in touch with you with your personal link.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi! 

I want to bring my own client from another freelance servise to Upwork. Can you send me a link and instructuions ?

Thank you

Hi Stas,

I'll go ahead and share your account information to the team so that they can get in touch with you with your personal link and more information about the program.

~ Bojan
Upwork
rd-motion
Community Member

Hi!

I am Top Rated freelancer and want to invite a client to work with me. Could you please send me my personal link so that I can start work with him.

Also, will the link work permanently, or has it an expiry date?

Thank you

Hi Dmytro,

Our team has already sent you the unique link via ticket, please refer to your ticket for more details about this. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I want to bring a client to Upwork. How can I get the invitation link?

Thanks.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members