🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: 0% fee 'Bring your own client'
Page options
Alexander N Community Member

0% fee 'Bring your own client'

Just got that mail... that sounds like a great thing, and i will be sure to use it when i get a chance.

But what bugs me: how do you plan to deal with the people who would hire themselves to gain success score, opening fake accounts of clients? It will be so cheap to do so (just some foreign exchange commissions, or maybe not even that when using U.S. payment methods) that it will be tempting to do so. Won't we soon face a whole new brand of fakes?

What i suggest: don't include contracts with these 0% clients into JSS calculation, top rated/rising talent, and otherwise take means to make sure they don't help a profile stand out.

296 REPLIES 296
Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Alexander, 

Thank you for the feedback, i will share it with our team. 
And about the first part when we discover someone had opened a client account so that he can boost up his freelancing score we take proper actions against them.
If you get suspicious of this activity please report them, and one of our team will have a closer look.

~ Goran
Upwork
Varun D Community Member

I am a top rated freelancer. I would like to invite a client. Can you send me the link to that? ASAP

Hi Varun,

Our team will reach out to you soon with the link and detailed instructions on how to use it, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Varun D Community Member

Ok, Goran. thank you for your reply. I want it as soon as possible. It is really urgent. 

Thankyou

Have a good day.

Maricon B Community Member

I'd like to bring my client in upwork too. Can I get the link through email asap please?

Hi Maricon,

Our team will send you the link over the next couple of days via ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Youssef Z Community Member

I am a top-rated freelancer. I would like to invite a client. How can I get the link to that?

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Youssef,

I'll go ahead and share your account information to the team so that they can get in touch with you with your personal link.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Khubbaib N Community Member

Hello, i'm a rising talent on upwork please give me link so that i invite my client with 0% comission.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Khubbaib,

Our team will reach out to you soon with the link and instructions about the program, thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
MD. JAKIR H Community Member

I want to bring my client to Upwork. Please help me.

Bojan S Community Manager

Hi MD. JAKIR,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I'll go ahead and share your account information with the team so that they can get in touch with you with your personal link.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Diana E Community Member

Hello, I have just re-opened my account. I have a old client that is a copywriter on Upwork that would like for me to do a website, seo and online marketing. Can I bring the work into Upwork without a fee?
Petra R Community Member

Diana E wrote:
Hello, I have just re-opened my account. I have a old client that is a copywriter on Upwork that would like for me to do a website, seo and online marketing. Can I bring the work into Upwork without a fee?

The 0% fee deal is only available to top rated freelancers and for bringing clients who were not previously on the site.

Diana E Community Member

Gotcha thanks.

Jack L Community Member

Hi I have a new client I would like to invite for 0% fees. Can you also please send me the link.

Thank you

Valeria K Community Member

Hi Jack,

Thanks for reaching out! We'll have the link sent to you over the next few days.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Jack L Community Member

Ok thank you.
Juan Pablo K Community Member

Hello,

I am also a top-rated freelancer and would like a link to bring my own client to the platform at 0% fees.

Thanks

Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Juan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'll go ahead and share your account information with the team so that they can get in touch with you with your personal link and more information about the program.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Vladimir I Community Member

Hi ! I am a top-rated freelancer too and would like a link to bring my own client to the platform at 0% fees. Could you please give me the link?

Hi Vladimir,

I can see that our team has already shared your link with you. Please refer to the details shared with you on your ticket with number 20598196. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Vladimir I Community Member

Hi Goran, 

Unfortunately no, that's the only message that I've found - "I just checked your client and unfortunately your client is signed up from 2015, long before this program was introduced."

Now I'm asking for a link for another client

Petra R Community Member

Vladimir I wrote:

Now I'm asking for a link for another client

The link is exactly the same. It's specific to you, not to the client or "per occasion"

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members