🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » $2.25 in connects just to apply for a $150 co...
Page options
pdreier
Community Member

$2.25 in connects just to apply for a $150 consultation - what a joke.

The amount of connects UpWork is now asking for is ridiculous, especially given that most of the proposals I send never even get viewed.  I won't be bidding on any more jobs until you lower your prices and I encourage others on here to do the same. 

This is blatantly immoral because it denies people equal opportunity to work.  So it shouldn't ever cost ANYTHING to apply for jobs because it directly discriminates against poor people, who are the ones who need the work the most.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
e513e427
Community Member

Hi Peter, after I spent all the connects they gave me, I just left my Profile and 3 months later I received an invitation. I never buy connects. Because if I am looking for a job was because I didn't have money. I had patience and after my first job I was invited by other companies for an interview. Try to do a good profile.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
e513e427
Community Member

Hi Peter, after I spent all the connects they gave me, I just left my Profile and 3 months later I received an invitation. I never buy connects. Because if I am looking for a job was because I didn't have money. I had patience and after my first job I was invited by other companies for an interview. Try to do a good profile.

bobafett999
Community Member

Well it is their ball and they make the rules.  Just don't apply for the jobs that are not profitable to you.  No amount of moaning and groaning will change anything.

2b0f3adb
Community Member

Add the $2.25 to your bid.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members