🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: $2M Earned on Upwork. I would love to HEL...
Page options
virtualbrix
Community Member

$2M Earned on Upwork. I would love to HELP!

Hey Everyone,

I posted this in the newbie group. I can answer newbie questions there,

I can help answer more advanced questions here, I would love to help my fellow freelancers : )

I have been on upwork for 12 years now (previously elance),

I have been on the forums for a couple years but never really participated much,

I figured, what better way than to help others, ask away, some stats below (you can also click to see my profile)

👉 Earned $2 Million+ on Upwork.
👉 Completed 400+ jobs on freelance platforms.
👉 Attained 200+ 5-star reviews.
👉 Worked 40,000+ hours on freelance platforms
👉 Earned a 100% Feedback Rating
👉 Worked with 1,000+ Clients

Thank You - Sam

2,056 REPLIES 2,056

1. get small jobs

2. get reviews / reputation

3. keep submitting proposals

4. do great work

5. communicate with clients often

6. work hard, keep learning

virtualbrix
Community Member

Feel free to ask any additional questions.

virtualbrix
Community Member

Hey Chandra,

That looks good, I had a look at your profile and it needs some love.

1. add a video

2. get some reviews (you need to build a reputation)

3. do you have any certifications in place?

4. get testimonials outside from clients outside of upwork

The main thing here is that you need to really build a reputation, this is what platforms / market places on upwork depend on.

ae125c83
Community Member

Hey Samer, How much time does it take you to complete projects for $2 million, and All the projects are completed by you alone or do you have a big team under you who helps you in completing multiple projects at the same time? And If Yes, then what's your team size?

I have been freelancing 15 years now, I started on Elance and than moved to Upwork when elance and odesk merged. It has been a long journey but I worked very very hard to get here.

Okay and All the projects are completed by you alone or do you have a big team under you who helps you in completing multiple projects at the same time? And If Yes, then what's your team size?

alone

That's impressive.

I appreciate it, its a marathon and not a sprint, that is for sure!

So you average $11,00/month? What is your hourly rate?

I used to make that in a week when we had the video truck - Subtract expences and taxes you have 1.50 left!

virtualbrix
Community Member

Let me know any additional questions you all have : )

Community Member

Firstly,What is your challenge you face when starting newly as a freelancer .I believe you face one or two before reaching this level,I will like to learn from it.

Secondly, which advice can you give to the newbies freelancer like me

Oforjuo Constance

This is a great question.

What did I face?

1. It was not easy at the start, the key was to work hard and find ways to get smaller jobs

2. From those smaller jobs, the second key was to basically make sure clients were happy, resulting in a good review

3. The goal is to continue to build your profile, learn how the platform works and client communication.

4. Communication + execution is everything, you need to communicate to the client and execute the tasks

Now, advice I can give

1. Look at small jobs in the start

2. Make sure communication is excellent and clients are 100% happy

3. Never give up, I know its tough

4. Keep building your reputation and profile.

Let me know if you have any additional questions

Please review my profile, project catalog and suggest.

ok boss

8d16a1fd
Community Member

I discouraged by Upwork fields.  I need help with genuine work and most importantly good clients 

Need to stay strong!

juwel121
Community Member

How to get some orders? I didn’t buy connects and membership

1. make sure your profile is complete and compelling

2. get small jobs

3. get great reviews

4. have excellent communication

5. build a strong reputation

6. you NEED connects to get jobs now

engrghulamyasin
Community Member

dear .nice work. I am a mechanical engineer with MBA. Advice me how to get work

1. complete your profile

2. have some samples ready

3. get small jobs, get a good review

4. continue to do the above

5. keep upskilling, its important

6. you MUST submit proposals

36da6ae5
Community Member

2M is amazing numbers rates. How many years working consistently in this type Bussiness ?  Impressive ? 

Hey Domenica,

14 years now, a few years were part time, the last few years were full time : )

Let me know any additional questions you have

c4b60fd6
Community Member

Hy Samer!

Could you look at my profile and suggest what can be improved?

Thanks!

Hey Muhammad,

The Profile looks fine, below are a couple things:

1. I feel that your paragrpah is way to long

2. I also feel you should not add to many emoticons

3. Add videos

4. Portfolio items are nice but you need to add more and improve those

Let me know if you have any additional questions

1ea39351
Community Member

Would like to congratulate you sir for your achievements. 

Hey John,

I appreciate it. thank you so much!

280011a9
Community Member

Hello Samer,

I have been active on this platform for 8 months and have successfully secured 3 clients, earning $1500 in total. They were all very satisfied with my work and awarded me 5-star ratings. Now that all contracts have ended (except one), I've been diligently applying for new jobs but haven't had much luck with my proposals being viewed. For clarity, here is my typical workflow:

1. I search for fresh job postings (ranging from 10 minutes to 4 hours old) with about 5 to 15 proposals.

2. I read the description carefully and apply only to jobs that perfectly align with my skills and portfolio.

3. I customize each cover letter for the job.

The funny thing is that I spent two hours refreshing the screen and found a YouTube video editing job. I applied and waited for 4 hours. The job still had fewer than 5 proposals, but according to the stats, the client interviewed 4 candidates and never sent me an invitation to interview.

I wonder if the issue lies with my profile picture or maybe my portfolio.

Could you please review my profile and provide feedback for improvement? Your help would mean a lot to me.

"""Thank you so much for providing detailed information about your job. It instantly grabbed my attention and aligns perfectly with my experience as a Video Editor. As demonstrated by my Upwork profile, I've completed numerous video editing jobs with 5-star reviews and have received overwhelmingly positive feedback from clients.

Having reviewed your edited sample and the other two examples, I understand that you are looking for videos that are as close to these examples as possible, if not better. This includes creating an attention-grabbing introduction, showcasing your viral posts, and looping seamlessly to ensure retention rates exceed 100% (typically between 110% and 130%). As a video editor with a 100% job success score, I guarantee that you will get what you’re looking for.

I'm also glad to hear that you are using Eleven Labs for voiceovers and that you're associated with the popular YouTube channel Low Budget Stories. I'm available for a chat or a video call to discuss further details about the job.

Furthermore, I'm willing to agree to $48 per video because my standard rate is $16/hr. Therefore, these edits will take approximately 3-4 hours. also, I would also like you to consider hiring me for the first 10 videos. This arrangement will allow you to assess the quality of my work – whether I'm improving, meeting your requirements, or otherwise.

Here's why you should choose me:

I have a 100% job success score on Upwork, ensuring you receive high-quality video editing.

I am the editor and a manager of a YouTube channel with 333,000 subscribers (Dove Greens Miracle).

I offer 24/7 ultra-reliable communication; you will always be updated on the project status.

I will edit videos according to your vision, and offer revisions at no extra cost.

I am looking forward to learning more about your exciting project and exploring how I can contribute to its success!

Best regards, Rahal Ranathungamage""

Hey Rahal,

This is on my list, I will reply soon.

virtualbrix
Community Member

Hey @Rahal,

I read the above comments and I will reply in detail later.

Thank you very much samer. Take your time and I’m so excited to see your feed back😊

No worries.

4c7288d2
Community Member

Could you look at my profile and suggest what can be improved?

Nice Profile,

1. the text is all jumbled together

2. add more items for the portfolio, what you have now is good

3. add a video if you can

4. check to see if you can get certifications and or testimonials

Let me know if this was helpful.

b85cd295
Community Member

Hello Samer,

Could you please review my profile?

b85cd295
Community Member