🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » 4.00 Rating: I am concerned about the effect ...
Page options
danigonzalez01
Community Member

4.00 Rating: I am concerned about the effect of this with future clients

Hi, 

I have completed multiple jobs in the platform, 38 with ratings, all with a 5.0 rating except 2 jobs.

1 at 4.85 long time ago, and 1 at 4.00.

The 4.00 rating is, literally, the latest / most recent review that appears in the top of my profile.

From a Client perspective, do you believe this is a bad rating? 

I have read multiple forums, inside and outside the platform, and found statements such as "in places such as Uber / Upwork, anything below 5 is truly a bad experience", "4 is mediocre, at best", "they wouldn't hire you with such rating", and similar reviews.  

I was truly surprised about this rating with this particular client for multiple reasons:

I've never heard a single complain about any issue related to the job at hand, all emails were very thoughful, clear, and carefully crafted, I never missed a deadline nor misrepresented any promise, was agile to reply to messages, even during weekends, and the quality of my work was of the same effort, quality, and attention I devote to all clients which, in short is to the fullest:

I am very careful and conscious across all engagementes and since the platform is my main source of income, I am very aware of the risks that a bad rating from a single client.

What would you recommend me to do?

Shall I request the support team to remove the rating?

I am puzzled because his feedback was:

"I hired Daniel to do (a) financial due diligence on a business acquisition. I would hire him again to support me".

Even if this seems "good", the 4.00 rating, for me, speaks otherwise.

Also, having an engagement with a "Feedback Removed", to me, looks bad.

I also don't want to do a refund. It was a complex job.

Thanks for your time and your advice, I will appreciate your feedback!

3 REPLIES 3
williamtcooper
Community Member

Daniel,

A few 4 ratings will not stop prospects from buying. I have completed 440 Jobs on the site and it makes no difference to have a few 4 ratings. Just make sure that the 5-Star Reviews are raving since most prospects care more about what is written than the actual number.

virtualbrix
Community Member

I would focus on making sure that current and new clients are 100% happy, I would not worry about this one.

godswillvitus
Community Member

For me  4.0 is not a bad rating. I consider 1.0| 2.0 as bad rating. Most of those ratings come with negative comments.  Clients that drop 4.0 ratings leave nice comments. So few 4.0 rating won't stop prospects from buying your gig. I have had a couple of 4.0 ratings with amazing comments and yet, there is inflow of jobs. Just deliver 100% SATISFACTORY PROJECTS. What matters is the internal rating which is not made public the client gives you.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members