🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » A Scamming client
Page options
2f0e2af8
Community Member

A Scamming client

Hi, everyone.

I want to report a client who 1. aks for contacts before starting the contract 2. misrepresents his identity

3. lies to lure you in by offering a possible full-time job 4. then he lies that the work is badly done (because he checked it on Grammarly 😉  and refuses to pay. 

Naturally, it was my fault to agree to take the job in the first place. But in the current market there are not so many choices.

I really would like a moderator to contact me, so I could present all the evidence.  **Edited for Community Guidelines**

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Maria,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had. Feel free to share your evidence with me via PM and our team will investigate the client further.

Please keep in mind that posting private details publicly in the Community is not allowed. Our team will investigate the client further and if any violations are found, proper actions will be taken.
Please keep in mind that in order to be eligible for our Upwork Payment Protection you will need to be hired on a official contract and fulfill the criteria required. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I sent you a personal message regarding this incident 2 days ago, could you please get back to me on this?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best,

Maria

Hi Maria,

I`m sorry about the delay, I just followed up to you with another PM. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members