๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป Freelancers ยป Re: A questionnaire that's potentially agains...
Page options
Tina N Community Member

A questionnaire that's potentially against Upwork rules

Hi,

After a job invite, I applied for a content writing job. However, I don't feel comfortable with the questionnaire the potential client wants me to fill. I am still not hired, and the questionnaire requires personal information such as email, phone number, LinkedIn URL, taking a photo of my working environment, etc. I believe she's a respectful client, but I don't want to go against Upwork's rules. Nevertheless, I said I would fill the questionnaire before opening it, and now I am not sure what to do. Should I just tell her I am not comfortable with the questionnaire and politely decline the offer? Some advice?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Preston H Community Member

Tina:
I don't trust those people at all.

They sound like schemers.

And also: What they are asking is explicitly against Upwork ToS.

As of June 26, 2020... Upwork does NOT allow freelancers (prior to having a contract in place) to provide clients with contact information such as these people are asking for in their questionnaire.

My own experience:
I have completed 277 jobs on Upwork. I have never had any client ask me for that type of information.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Tina N Community Member

Thank you. 

Martina P Community Member

Tina N wrote:

Hi,

After a job invite, I applied for a content writing job. However, I don't feel comfortable with the questionnaire the potential client wants me to fill. I am still not hired, and the questionnaire requires personal information such as email, phone number, LinkedIn URL, taking a photo of my working environment, etc. I believe she's a respectful client, but I don't want to go against Upwork's rules. Nevertheless, I said I would fill the questionnaire before opening it, and now I am not sure what to do. Should I just tell her I am not comfortable with the questionnaire and politely decline the offer? Some advice?

They are scammers who will offer to send you a check for office equipment. No serious client is going to ask for all this stuff. The photo thing is just silly. 

Preston H Community Member

Tina:
I don't trust those people at all.

They sound like schemers.

As of June 26, 2020... Upwork does NOT allow freelancers (prior to having a contract in place) to provide clients with contact information such as these people are asking for in their questionnaire.

My own experience:
I have completed 277 jobs on Upwork. I have never had any client ask me for that type of information.

Petra R Community Member

Preston H wrote:

Unless the client is Enterprise. In which case it's fine.

Tina N Community Member

Thank you for answering.

Even if they are not scammers, their requests are odd. And it's weird because I got a similar offer today from the same company, just a different branch. I decided to answer everything that doesn't require my data. I don't want to risk suspension.

Martina P Community Member

Tina N wrote:

Thank you for answering.

Even if they are not scammers, their requests are odd. And it's weird because I got a similar offer today from the same company, just a different branch. I decided to answer everything that doesn't require my data. I don't want to risk suspension.

Unless you want to mess with these people for your own entertainment, you are completely wasting your time. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members