🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » About Weekly Payments !! HELP !!!!
Page options
82fc3a4e
Community Member

About Weekly Payments !! HELP !!!!

I had a contract of 40hr/week and i completed it in 3 weeks like 1st week 20hr, 2nd week 10hr and last week 10hr. Today is the day when i completed the 40hr mark to complete the job. Now if i end the contract now , will i be getting paid for all the work i done throughout the 3 weeks for 40h if the client accept the work? Cause untill today monday i did 33h and it was also showing 33h for last update for weekly bills and today whole day i did 7 more hours of work. Now if i deliver today will it be counting whole as 40h if client accepts the delivery if i end the contract?

sorry i am new , 

Thanks for your kind reply !

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, you can close it asap when works done.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
AndreaG

Hi Faizul,

Rest assured that the hours you log this week will still go through the Weekly Billing Cycle as usual, even if you close the contract. You can learn all about it in this help article. 

~Andrea
Upwork
82fc3a4e
Community Member

I mean, if i end contract today and client accepts, will i be still getting the payment flr whole 40hrs? Cause i saw like weekly bills are billed to clients on each mondays. So this weeks 9h bill when should be i getting? Today or next Monday?

Faizul, if you logged hours today, your client will be invoiced next Monday. That's when the review period will start, and everything will follow what's laid out in the help article.

~Andrea
Upwork
82fc3a4e
Community Member

I am asking, as i have completed 40h today, if i end the contract now and get the feedback from the client, the total earnings for whole 40h will be available for me starting from next monday? So i can end the contract, ? That's what i am asking sorry !

I think you have to wait until the review period for the last week is over. 

I guess closing contract early works with tracker payment, not manual hours.

So i cant end the contract now to get the review? If the client accepts the delivery and give feedback, still i be not getting the payment after 14 days i assume ? Or i need to wait for whole fund to be available to withdraw and then ask the client to accept the delivery?

Do client's need to pay manually after weekly hours ends on Monday? I mean in Monday they get invoice but after Monday to next weeks Wednesday when the fund's available for me, in this time do client need to pay for weekly bills manually or is it charged from their cards automatically?

I wanted to ask cause i wanted to know if the client need to pay that bill manually or is it automatically paid via their cards after 14 days . Its for weekly hours bills only.

Thanks for your kind reply !

Hi A K M Faizul,

For all of your hourly contracts, your clients are automatically invoiced and billed for the hours you log according to the weekly billing cycle. You may want to check this help article for more igtrnoamtion about getting paid for hourly contracts. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
lysis10
Community Member

You should have gotten your first payout last night for the first week.

And yes you get paid on logged hours if the contract is closed.

82fc3a4e
Community Member

Hi Jennifer, so i can end the contract now and can get the review from client, and still be getting the payment for this week's on next monday's?

Yes, you can close it asap when works done.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members