🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » About email login info sharing
Page options
sk_sony
Community Member

About email login info sharing

Hi UpWork community,

As a professional wordpress website developer & social media marketing expert most of the time I have to take login info for (website hosting, domain and social media profiles) from clients. When the share login info including email or phone number ( sometimes login id is the phone number ) , I see the notification like " Taking your conversations outside of Upwork? " Sometime clients ask for gmail to share google drive files for working the on the contract. 

But I always being hired via upwork and I need those login info to work for the contract. 

Will it be any hamper for my profile for taking login ifo including email from the client ?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Ignore those warnings about sharing contact information.

If you have already been hired by a client, then Upwork has NO RESTRICTIONS on the way you communicate with a client. You may share email address, Skype handle, phone number, etc. It is up to you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

Ignore those warnings about sharing contact information.

If you have already been hired by a client, then Upwork has NO RESTRICTIONS on the way you communicate with a client. You may share email address, Skype handle, phone number, etc. It is up to you.

Thanks 

That includes active fixed price contracts with no active milestones at the moment, right? Client from such contract contacted me and asked me for my email.

petra_r
Community Member

Mikhail T wrote:

That includes active fixed price contracts with no active milestones at the moment, right?

Yes. Even if a contract has been closed.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members