🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Abusive Client - Request for Informal Mediati...
Page options
smshahriar
Community Member

Abusive Client - Request for Informal Mediation

Hello everyone,

I would really appreciate some advices here. So I got the below email from Upwork. It's probably my first experience  🤔

My name is XXXX and I work with the Mediation and Disputes Team here at Upwork. Your client, XXXX, for contract ID XXXX has contacted us. They are currently requesting a full refund because the deliverable you present does not work.

But this gentleman (client) asked me to close the fixed-price contract after reviewing my work. Even he wanted to know how he could leave positive feedback for me. He was absolutely happy with my work. I've all my proofs in Upwork message!

Now after around 2 months, he claimed I didn't complete the tasks and asked for a full refund. The truth is that he regularly update/modify the website himself without taking professional help, he breaks the website often. I showed all my proofs to Upwork. Now Upwork is asing me if I can consider a partial refund. Well, should I?

Thanks and happy freelancing 😍

Shahriar Kabir

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

"Informal" mediation means you can just partake in the process, answer questions briefly and politely, and decline to refund a thing. This is ***NOT*** a dispute. Say as much as necessary and as little as possible. The mediator has absolutely no power to make you refund a single Dollar, no matter what they suggest. The dispute deadline was 30 days after the last payment was made.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

"Informal" mediation means you can just partake in the process, answer questions briefly and politely, and decline to refund a thing. This is ***NOT*** a dispute. Say as much as necessary and as little as possible. The mediator has absolutely no power to make you refund a single Dollar, no matter what they suggest. The dispute deadline was 30 days after the last payment was made.

Wow really! That's really fair. Thank you and thanks to Upwork.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members