🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Agency is asking for a Registration Fee. Is t...
Page options
iamjlobcena
Community Member

Agency is asking for a Registration Fee. Is this Legit?

I applied on their posting as a Typist and was instructed to send an email to their hiring manager. After a few email exchanges, he sent me this as part of the hiring process. However, the registration fee I have to pay is kinda suspicous.

Have you guys encountered such? Do some freelance works here require a "refundable" registration fee?

Hoping to hear from you. Thank you!!!

Here's the message  I received.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

So I sent an email and later on, he provided me the form below.

Then I asked how how is the registration fee releveant to the hiring process.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
deborah-ponzio
Community Member

No, it's a scam. Flag them to Upwork and do not accept requests to correspond outside of the platform again. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
deborah-ponzio
Community Member

No, it's a scam. Flag them to Upwork and do not accept requests to correspond outside of the platform again. 

Yup.  Never again. Thank you!!

elisa_b
Community Member

Typing jobs are 99% scams.

Read this and next time follow the rules: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

This is noted!!! Never losing my connects again to typing jobs. Thank you so nuch!!

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Jamille O,

There is NO situation in which you should pay any fee of any kind to any new client. If you need to make a payment to a client after a contract is in place or even after a contract is closed, there is NO situation in which that payment should be made by you or the client through any channel other than Upwork's payment system.

There are NO exceptions to the above. Any client who tells you otherwise is hoping to rip you off at some point.

Thank you so much! Appreciate this!

debi-f
Community Member

Hello!

I made a list of some of the scammers that post jobs every day.

Be aware!! 

Read the post: 

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Useful-information-for-new-freelancers/m-p/1494063#M23...

This is helpful for a newbie like me. Thank you very much!!!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members