🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » An idea for Upwork, Clients and Freelancers
Page options
ca99030b
Community Member

An idea for Upwork, Clients and Freelancers

I've got an idea while working as a freelancer on the Upwork platform. The idea is related to a proposal looks style. Currently, freelancers are making their proposals in text format only. I'm thinking about how cool and convenient it would be in the form of a blog. For example, I'd like to organise my proposals more professionally. Write the title, Write the descriptions, and add some relevant images, followed by the relevant paragraphs. And then writing another description again.  Such a style can help clients understand proposals and get pictures of ideas.  Of course, there is already a function with which we can attach relevant images to proposals, but it requires additional notes to indicate which images are related.  Not sure if this is a good idea for improving the Upwork platform, but looking forward to hearing feedback from the community. 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Sami,

Thank you for your suggestion! We appreciate your feedback and are always looking for ways to improve the Upwork platform. We understand the value of having a more organized and visually appealing proposal style. We already have a similar layout when you post a Project. I will share your suggestions for proposals with the relevant team. Thank you again for taking the time to post in the Community.

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
PradeepH

Hi Sami,

Thank you for your suggestion! We appreciate your feedback and are always looking for ways to improve the Upwork platform. We understand the value of having a more organized and visually appealing proposal style. We already have a similar layout when you post a Project. I will share your suggestions for proposals with the relevant team. Thank you again for taking the time to post in the Community.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks for considering my idea, Pradeep. I will keep posting ideas in the future.

I would just like to give a simple suggestion that make the box in which we write our proposal a bit big, because that's the main area where we write and spend most of our time. It's really small, I mean the size of the message box via which I'm replying currently (in similar sort of sense). So yeah if you could just make that a little bit that could help. A simple tip.

ca_gitesh_bajaj_0-1701413707105.png

CA Gitesh S. Bajaj

That window is resizable, see the bottom rigth corner, drag it to the size you need.

I seriously didn't knew this 😅 

9486af42
Community Member

Sami,

I liked the idea, but one thing is for sure, Upwrok is upgrading fast. They are doing good as well.
I am sure you notcied recent addition to add projects, certifctaes and more. 

What do you think about that? 

Posting projects would be another professional way to showcase skills and achievements. HOwever, not sure if clients actually dig into the freelancer's project posts. 

ca99030b
Community Member

What if we made the writing box on the proposal submission similar to the one on the Github issue page? So, we can take advantage of Markdown language and image insertion features at once. Is it pretty simple for the Upwork dev team to do it?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members