🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Another client's scam - please be aware
Page options
db801079
Community Member

Another client's scam - please be aware

Hello,

So today I applied for a job post related to technical writing, the client immediately responded to my proposal and shared as below: 

Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 12.39.21.png

As I refused to move forward, the client declined my proposal (which is quite weird as I thought a client only declined a proposal before responding to it). I have flagged the post as well as reported the message but I can still the client, and the post is still active.

Therefore, I put it here so everyone can be aware of this.

Regards,

Kieu.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Kieu,

I'm sorry but we cannot share details of the investigation of another user for privacy reasons. But rest assured that the team follows internal processes to re-verify users and issue warnings and suspensions as needed to keep the marketplace safe.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PradeepH

Hi Kieu,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with this client. I do appreciate you taking the time to report this job using the 'Flag as Inappropriate' button. Our team will review your report as soon as possible and action will be taken as defined in our internal guidelines. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

As I can see, the client is still active and 3 freelancers have recently been hired for that job post. Does that mean the client did not violate any upwork term when asking for the unpaid trial?

Thanks and regards,

kieu.

Hi Kieu,

I'm sorry but we cannot share details of the investigation of another user for privacy reasons. But rest assured that the team follows internal processes to re-verify users and issue warnings and suspensions as needed to keep the marketplace safe.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members