🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Anyone else having issues with cover letters ...
Page options
sethbrown
Community Member

Anyone else having issues with cover letters not updating correctly?

I have never noticed this issue before, but it has me worried that some of my past rejected proposals have been due to it happening in the past when I didn't notice. Those proposals are now gone and rejected so there's no way to check them, but the thought is troubling.

I was just now replying to an invite, having pasted in my cover letter template for this genre of job, and was editing it on the upwork site in the window before submitting it, as I always do. After hitting submit, I scrolled down the proposal page and noticed that it had ignored 75% of the changes I had made to the template, had basically not saved any of the personalization and changes I had made to the second half of the letter, so in spite of having spent 5 minutes adapting the letter to this specific client's needs, the second half of the proposal reads very generic and doesn't include the key hooks that would interest this client.

Has anyone else had this happen? This is exceedingly strange, as it's not like upwork has a save feature that I'm aware of. There's absolutely no reason that hitting Submit button shouldn't send the most recent changes any user has made to the words on their screen. But anyone else who edits their cover letters, be careful!

0 REPLIES 0
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members