🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Are we allowed to bid for a different categor...
Page options
culmen
Community Member

Are we allowed to bid for a different category?

Hello all. 

I have a question. 

I am a graphic designer with a degree in accounts and services. Let's be very honest, I started designing at 15, never focused on the accounts degree, reappeared for another bachelors and became a graphic designer.

Recently, I was prompted to rejoin university for my masters, and someone suggested I should opt for commerce. While still thinking on this, my question was, can we bid in two different categories on Upwork? If yes, I may opt-in for entry-level accounting jobs, so I get some exposure actually working while still working for graphic design. 

I want to get this clear right away, so I can really focus on my decision, honestly, I have no plans of building a future as an accountant and I love graphic design, but for a change, does Upwork even allow that? 

4 REPLIES 4
tropicany
Community Member

Why would not Upwork allow that? You can be both a cosmonaut and a ballerina, no one is limiting you here. Just create another specialized profile and select it whenever you bid for accounting jobs.

shadman-shahriar
Community Member

I Understand

If you have atleast one skill relative to this project you can still bid.But if you don't have 

any skill for the project you can't do ti

culmen
Community Member

So can we or can't? 

Admins? 

kat303
Community Member

Maroof U wrote:

So can we or can't? 

Admins? 

-------------------

Yes, you can bid on 2 different categories, You can bid on 3 or 4 different categories or as many categories as you want.. Upwork has just created "specialized profile pages" just for that. You have your main "General" profile, and then you can create other profile pages specifically for your different skills and experiences that relate to those categories. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members