🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Are you facing the problems in winning the ne...
Page options
javedaslam72
Community Member

Are you facing the problems in winning the new jobs?

Hi Upwork community!

On Upwork, I am a top-rated freelancer. I've been bidding on jobs for the last four weeks, but I'm surprised I haven't won the new project till now. I am now working on projects for my long-term clientele. No new clients have been acquired.

Did you encounter this issue? How did you handle it? I am searching for advice and recommendations to acquire additional Upwork projects.

Thank you beforehand.

Javed

Javed Aslam
3 REPLIES 3
lindsayshayne
Community Member

I can't book work for the life of me. Hundreds of proposals and nothing. Top rated, 96% JSS, and over 30K in earnings and can't book anything.

So glad to see several threads with folks who know they are solid Upworkers, putting out dozens or hundreds of proposals and seeing no results in the last two-ish months.

It doesn't pay the bills but it feels a little better. Is it the time of year or something in the water?

6bfcdaf8
Community Member

For me it started on december. I also had some personal setbacks so i wasn't able to see if it was me or the marketplace. This week i got 2 new clients, mid size jobs but great clients so i became a bit more optimistic. 

First of all its the economy. Money is more expensive now. And then its the yearly plans. Most companies make annual budget plans and they run out of it towards the end of the year. And they also make annual plans and goals so its like : 

* Begining of the year : "We have so much time, no rush"
* Towards the middle : "Spend like crazy we need to accomplish our goals or no promotion for you"
* End of the year : "**bleep** there's no way we are making it and we already ran out of money, cut all spending!!!" or "Yay we made revenue goals! Cut all spending so we increase profitability as well!!!"

Funny but true,

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members