🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Availability Badge Results - Worth Buying?
Page options
df5be1b3
Community Member

Availability Badge Results - Worth Buying?

I've used the Availability Badge for 4 months and haven't seen a significant boost in profile views or invitations. Has anyone found the badge to be a worthwhile investment? Are there better ways to increase visibility on Upwork?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
c3896784
Community Member

I'm also new & just building my profile.  However, I did read that the Availability Badge is only useful if your profile is already getting a lot of invitations.  This seems odd to me, but I think it's more about signaling your regular clients that "the shop is open" so to speak, rather than boosting your visibility in a general sense.  Maybe better to save your connects for proposals?  In terms of how to boost visibility I can only guess that, much like your work with optimized thumbnails, there's probably an algorithm at Upwork that responds to your profile generating positive interactions.  Maybe if we all go visit each others profiles that would be a step in the right direction?  Best of luck to you - your profile looks great.  👍🏻 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
c3896784
Community Member

I'm also new & just building my profile.  However, I did read that the Availability Badge is only useful if your profile is already getting a lot of invitations.  This seems odd to me, but I think it's more about signaling your regular clients that "the shop is open" so to speak, rather than boosting your visibility in a general sense.  Maybe better to save your connects for proposals?  In terms of how to boost visibility I can only guess that, much like your work with optimized thumbnails, there's probably an algorithm at Upwork that responds to your profile generating positive interactions.  Maybe if we all go visit each others profiles that would be a step in the right direction?  Best of luck to you - your profile looks great.  👍🏻 

That's not how it works here. That "Shop is open" signal is no more than a fooling strategy by upwork to make you think it will boost your profile or give you any sort of traction. It's just another method to burn your connects so you spend more on buying them here. That's it. 

Thanks for the insight.

Thanks for the feedback and for checking out my profile! I appreciate the insight. Best of luck to you as well! Let me know if I can ever be of help as you're building your Upwork presence.

Thanks Obed, I may be in touch for feedback once my portfolios are more together!  Be well

arsalan-m
Community Member

Short & simple answer: NO!

if you wish to waste your connects & willing to spend more than you earn here then go ahead. Any kind of boost to gain visibility either for your proposal or your profile is a waste & totally not worth it. Your choice at last!

Thanks for sharing your perspective!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members