🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Bad Review
Page options
brezewriter
Community Member

Bad Review

Hello Customer Care,

A client offered me an hourly contract which I accepted, but a few minutes into the contract she decide to pause the contract. So, she wanted me to complete the job before releasing payment on an hourly contract. Therefore, I decided not to work with that arrangement, she ended the contract and wrote a bad review on my profile. I need help.

Cheers

Victoria

3 REPLIES 3
moonraker
Community Member

Victoria O wrote:

Hello Customer Care,

So, she wanted me to complete the job before releasing payment on an hourly contract.

Payment isn't 'released' on an hourly contract. It's paid automatically.

I don't understand what's gone on here, but the client has every right to expect the work they pay for.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

What do you mean? I always send the work before I get paid. That's the way upwork is set up. 

but a few minutes into the contract she decide to pause the contract. So, she wanted me to complete the job before releasing payment on an hourly contract.

I think the OP is referring to this: "a few minutes in" so perhaps the client wanted her to work for free? 

ETA: Based on the client's feedback, it seems like they wanted to use milestones and should have been directed to a fixed price contract. OP, it's important to establish client expectations and understand them before you accept a contract. As it is, you are not top rated so you cannot remove the bad review. You could refund the $16+ and it will not be visible on your profile, but the private feedback will remain. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members