🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Bad experience with Enterprise client
Page options
ana_cuervo
Community Member

Bad experience with Enterprise client

A team member from UpWork contacted me for an invitation only job of an Enterprise Client (a generative AI data company). The company hired me and 60 other freelancers, but communication was terrible from the beginning. We were given an incorrect Slack link where we suposed to be in touch with the PM of the platform where the work would be developed. I sent two messages to the client asking for the right link to join, but nobody answered. Just yesterday, I was finally able to access the correct Slack channel, only to discover that I had been excluded from the project for not arriving on time. The same thing happened to all the freelancers hired by this company through UpWork.
UpWork should be more careful about the type of enterprise clients they work with. This is frustrating, and I feel like I've just wasted my time. As I could see in the Google reviews of this company, this is not the first time this has happened.

1 REPLY 1
celgins
Community Member

This is terrible. When I read the first part of your post, I was thinking the problem could be a manager working for the client who was being lazy or incompetent. However, if the Google reviews for the entire company aren't great, then it's definitely a company that lacks good business sense.

Upwork has an Enterprise sales teams and account executives who primarily focus on acquiring Enterprise clients, and I doubt Upwork cares much about the quality of the client. As long as they fit the profile and pay the fee, they are likely allowed in.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members