🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Bad feedback 2022
Page options
carolinasantos92
Community Member

Bad feedback 2022

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to hide my bad feedback on Upwork? Yesterday I had an interview and it bought me problems.

It was my first experience (29528205), my client never explain very well the position, I was left out of the page many times because most of the team spoke portuguese and I don't, and for last he was supposed to set a meeting with the whole team to stablish a workflow and that never happened. What ended up with me being fired with a bad review.

I am just starting, I don't have a JSS yet, but I don't want that comment to take me to more awkward moments.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

8 REPLIES 8
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

If a freelancer could simply hide bad feedback, what would be the point? (FLs who are Top Rated have the option to remove feedback on one contract every three months/10 contracts. Eligibility for the TR badge includes maintaining a JSS of 90 or higher for 13 of 16 consecutive weeks.)

Everyone here started with no JSS and built their history from scratch. Get familiar with the ToS and the reams of information available to you about how the platform works, how to recognize and avoid scams, how to vet clients and select projects that closely align with your skills, etc.

moonraker
Community Member

The only way you can have it removed is to give a refund, but any impact on your JSS will remain.

The feedback's not 'that' bad anway.

If I refund him, is it a fact that the comment will be hidden?

The comment will be, yes.

This is the one for $704? It's entirely up to you, but I wouldn't refund that much money for feedback that's really not that bad. Especially considering a refund won't prevent your JSS taking a hit.

Yes.

But how could you even THINK of refunding an amount worth 133 hours of work for a review that's actually not that bad?

Leave the feedback as it stands and move forward.

jr-translation
Community Member

I would probably leave a short reply pointing out that the team spoke Portuguese which the client might want to consider to make a requirement for the next freelancer. That would help future clients to understand the communication problem. 4.30 is not too bad to work with, but the new contract at half your previous rate looks bad.

chillynguyen
Community Member

I think that rating is ok, since the client's comment leaves a place for you to explain. You can just reply to the client's feedback that the clients spoke Portuguese and you don't.

a_lipsey
Community Member

Carolina, I agree with others that the feedback is not that bad at all. I would not refund. And I agree with others that you could add a response to the feedback like: "Unfortunately this was a mismatch as the team communicates primarily in Portugusese, which I do not speak. Thank you again for the opportunity and best of luck with your ventures." 

So you stay positive in the response but just note that it was due to a language barrier. The 4.3 does not really look bad on your profile. I would leave the response and let it be. Keep your hard earned money.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members