🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Begging beta reader
Page options
e2a43b5e
Community Member

Begging beta reader

Hello, all

I am thinking about offering my services as a beta reader. I'd be a begginer. I have creative writeing experiance. I have had some college, but havn't taken any creative writing classes. However, I do like to write.

How would I offer my services as a begging beta reader for YA fiction/fanasty/sci-fic? What would I say as a freelancer?

Also, I feel like I am good at thinking about creative ideas for writing. I also am aware of diverity that is needed in YA (mainly disability). Can you give feedback on ideas (or suggust ideas) in beta reading? Or, would this be somthing else? I don't want to be a writer for someone because it's a difficult and long prosess for me. However, I do write. I have difficulty with plots because I have meny ideas and m indecisive on ideas. 

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Samantha S wrote:

Hello, all

I am thinking about offering my services as a beta reader. I'd be a begginer. I have creative writeing experiance. I have had some college, but havn't taken any creative writing classes. However, I do like to write.

How would I offer my services as a begging beta reader for YA fiction/fanasty/sci-fic? What would I say as a freelancer?

Also, I feel like I am good at thinking about creative ideas for writing. I also am aware of diverity that is needed in YA (mainly disability). Can you give feedback on ideas (or suggust ideas) in beta reading? Or, would this be somthing else? I don't want to be a writer for someone because it's a difficult and long prosess for me. However, I do write. I have difficulty with plots because I have meny ideas and m indecisive on ideas. 

First, create a freelancer profile. 

How do you creat a freelance profile?
petra_r
Community Member

Samantha S wrote:
How do you creat a freelance profile?

You've created a client account.  You need to add a freelancer profile and submit it for review. If (!) it is approved, you can look for work. I am not convinced services that require extensive written communication are really going to be your perfect niche.

If you're a client now, but would like to do work as a freelancer or agency

1. Go to Settings  My Info.
  2. Click the Create New Account link at the bottom
  3. Select New Freelancer Account
  4. Once set up, use the account menu at the top-right of your screen to switch between using Upwork as a client, freelancer, or agency
tlbp
Community Member

There are people who offer beta reading on Upwork, but with little experience the pay is also very low. Also, I think when you are entry-level, you are likely to encounter more scammers. I would recommend that you seek out forums and groups that are focused on the types of books you want to beta read. (GoodReads, Facebook groups, subreddits, etc.) Volunteer and start forming relationships with the authors there. Then, once you've done some work with those authors you'll be able to present yourself here with some experience. And, you'll be better prepared to recognize sincere offers vs scams. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members