🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Behance profile
Page options
10a2d734
Community Member

Behance profile

Hi

Is it ok to share Behance profile on proposals while having contact me buttons or any contact details on behance? As we get job opportunities individually through social platforms like Behance 

I just want to make sure i wont cross any of upwork TOS

Best regards

11 REPLIES 11
spectralua
Community Member

No. You cannot provide any info for outside connection, incl pages with "contact me" forms.

PradeepH

Hi Hamed,

Sharing a Behance profile link on a proposal or Upwork profile is not allowed. This is considered a TOS violation and may lead to action taken on your Upwork account.

- Pradeep

Upwork

What if someone gives a Dribbble profile link in the proposal to show the portfolio to the client? Does it violate the TOS?

Hi Nahid,

You can share external links to your portfolios as long as you inform the client to keep the communications within Upwork. When you share these outside links, please remind your potential clients to only communicate with you on Upwork's message center until a contract is in place.

~ AJ
Upwork

Okay thanks Annie 😊

10a2d734
Community Member

Ok thanks for the response! So is it ok to share behance profile on proposals (with mentioning to message here "upwork") or not? I'm confused

Best regards

Of course you can do it if moderator's post don't matter for you.

Many users violated rules many time and still not banned. You can test your luck. Is it worth for you?

Lets review 2 cases:

You shared outside contact info then contract started, you did works, Upwork got money. It is OK, all happy.

You shared outside contact info then contract didn't started. It look like you violated ToS and agree outside payment. It will lead to ban.

So your turn.

The issue is one of the moderators are saying that it is ok to share portfolio links but the other says we are not allowed, As i searched google for this as well, I just want the reall answer for this based on TOS.

Best regards

Moderators will advice you but you cannot use this as evidence if something will gone bad.

several job posts in the questions sections clients asked for behance/dribbble profile. I normally give them the link. even in the proposal I've sent them. but don't talk anything about working in the outside of UpWork. 

yofazza
Community Member

The grey area again. Moderators have a number of different contradicting canned responses for this. There are many examples. Even in this thread, the answers are contradictory, although Annie Jane doesn't specifically mention Behance, you can easily find others who say Behance is okay.

There are however, cases where someone got banned/warned after sharing links to some page outside. As I said in that thread, it's probably decided on a case-by-case basis. There are other 'suspicious' things that trigger the ban. Or, it was simply done by some bots or a person who thinks like robots.

I, share outside links almost all of the time. If Upwork wants me to put all of my portfolio and samples into my profile page before I can share them, I'd rather ban myself.

What's not allowed is doing communications outside, before contract. They might ban you if you (or they think you) do this.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members