🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Boosted proposal? Appears very obvious.
Page options
sajal36
Community Member

Boosted proposal? Appears very obvious.

Just wanted to submit proposal for a job post. However found the proposal boosted in a specific sequence. Is this some sort of Bidding Strategy. To me it appears very obvious. What is your view point?

sajal36_0-1695388086846.png

12 REPLIES 12
ge_rel_li
Community Member

This looks like a sabotage 🤔 

yofazza
Community Member

People speculate that the 50 connects bids are from automated new accounts.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Radia.

How do automated new accounts select projects to apply to and decide how many connects to bid?

Bots can be created to bid on certain projects only, and 50 connects are the amount given to new accounts (which can also be created automatically).

Here's a post I can't find yesterday. It's speculation but I think very possible, looking at how instant and consistent the 50 connects bids are.

When they're interviewed they could tell the client to hire their 'real account', or to do it 'outside', etc.

Interesting.

yofazza
Community Member

Sajal S wrote:

Just wanted to submit proposal for a job post. However found the proposal boosted in a specific sequence. Is this some sort of Bidding Strategy. To me it appears very obvious. What is your view point?

Well here's a 'sequence'... 😂

Jennifer M wrote:

You're forcing us to bid 51 connects (and addiitonal money) 

I'd rather stay back and watch 😁

atreglia
Community Member

Sajal S wrote:

It appears that way.  Give away free connects with new accounts so they drive up the minimum bid for boosters--yet another reason not to boost.  Oh wait, but if we don't boost we're at the mercy of the secret algorithm that decides which proposals are not "qualified" enough to make the cut and sticks us in some other doomed list they don't tell us much about, and is probably responsible for many of the "not viewed" proposals.

bobafett999
Community Member

If your theory of new accounts and bots are true, it might be easy for Upwork to fix that.

But Upwork won't do anything. Why kill a goose that gives them more eggs from other freelancers?

Exactly.  That's been my whole arugument since they started this silly boosting.  All they're doing is tapping into their own resources for more money.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see what good can come from that.  People can only take so much - we all have our limits, clients included.

I, with all my positivity 😂, think that they will deal with it.

It's starting to annoy the clients when there were 4-5 complaints from them (for being bombarded with junk proposals) in a few days, in this forum only.

Although things like this (ignorance of the support person(s)) will slow it out a bit.

berg_shari
Community Member

50 connects to boost a bid? Seriously? I'm sorry, but in some cases, you'd be paying more in connects than you make off the job here. Something very rotten is going on here. 

52e6412b
Community Member

Totaly agree that it is useful for Upwork to get extra connects from other freelancers who really need to take job and they will boost not their "free" connects, but pay money, as our agency do. I also knew that Upwork was unprofitable in the third quarter, they were loosing money. So, I think they will not fix that in order to earn more

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members