🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Boosting Profile
Page options
2281adb3
Community Member

Boosting Profile

I boosted my profile- but client clicks are still low on my profile! Also, I haven't won much work yet...

Any suggestions or ideas?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Gazal,

Being a freelancer on Upwork, it is great when a client invites you for a job. Not only, you do not need to spend Connects, but you are also sure that the client is highly interested in acquiring your services. However, due to the amount of competition and choices of talent on Upwork, the client may sometimes choose who is readily available for them. 

A great indicator of this is profile views, however, getting views does not guarantee work.

Please keep in mind that profile views are never consistent and it fluctuates. There are many factors that contribute to this, like marketplace demands, competition, etc.

I can see that there is no lack of interest in your profile since you've had 4 profile views in the last seven days. This means you are out there and very much visible to clients. There is no lack of interest, it is just that clients may have found someone more suitable to their goal right away and did not search further for other freelancers. It can also be another freelancer's profile that might have caught their attention and decided to stick with that freelancer. 

We need to consider that when clients look for talents, they look for someone who would fit their budget, skill requirements, work history, etc. 

What you can do is work on improving your profile. Make some changes here and there. Update your portfolio, reconsider your rate, etc. Also, check your competition and try to make adjustments to your profile. You may search for top freelancers in the same category/industry as you are and check what makes their profile rank higher because they definitely get the most views and invitations.

Another method is to promote your Upwork profile on social media and job boards. Just make sure that you keep the communication on Upwork.

I also suggest visiting our Upwork AcademyCourses, and Blogs for more tips.

You may also want to consider upskilling and learning new skills to increase your marketability. Competition is getting tough not only in Upwork but also on other platforms, especially since most people nowadays opt to work remotely. One possible reason might be also the fewer demands for jobs that fall under your selected skill set. You can also revisit the skills you have selected in your profile, only if applicable.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
759e32fa

Hi Gazal,

Being a freelancer on Upwork, it is great when a client invites you for a job. Not only, you do not need to spend Connects, but you are also sure that the client is highly interested in acquiring your services. However, due to the amount of competition and choices of talent on Upwork, the client may sometimes choose who is readily available for them. 

A great indicator of this is profile views, however, getting views does not guarantee work.

Please keep in mind that profile views are never consistent and it fluctuates. There are many factors that contribute to this, like marketplace demands, competition, etc.

I can see that there is no lack of interest in your profile since you've had 4 profile views in the last seven days. This means you are out there and very much visible to clients. There is no lack of interest, it is just that clients may have found someone more suitable to their goal right away and did not search further for other freelancers. It can also be another freelancer's profile that might have caught their attention and decided to stick with that freelancer. 

We need to consider that when clients look for talents, they look for someone who would fit their budget, skill requirements, work history, etc. 

What you can do is work on improving your profile. Make some changes here and there. Update your portfolio, reconsider your rate, etc. Also, check your competition and try to make adjustments to your profile. You may search for top freelancers in the same category/industry as you are and check what makes their profile rank higher because they definitely get the most views and invitations.

Another method is to promote your Upwork profile on social media and job boards. Just make sure that you keep the communication on Upwork.

I also suggest visiting our Upwork AcademyCourses, and Blogs for more tips.

You may also want to consider upskilling and learning new skills to increase your marketability. Competition is getting tough not only in Upwork but also on other platforms, especially since most people nowadays opt to work remotely. One possible reason might be also the fewer demands for jobs that fall under your selected skill set. You can also revisit the skills you have selected in your profile, only if applicable.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thankyou Annie. Your response is motivating as well as comprehensive.

I will definitely consider your suggestions. I am sure relevant opportunities gonna come my way!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members