🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Buying a project catalog
Page options
7f7628b3
Community Member

Buying a project catalog

Hello, I was browsing project catalogue and I found one that adheres to my liking. When I clicked Proceed the box appears Company Name. Since I am unemployed and not working in any firm, how can I proceed the project if I am not working? Please advise. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Fatima,

Project prices are set by the freelancers. If you have a budget in mind, it might be best to post a job instead and invite the freelancers offering the project you're interested in to apply so you can negotiate the project budget. Kindly check this help article to learn more about posting job listings on Upwork.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
helal-mhu
Community Member

Most probably you need a client account to buy services.

NikolaS

Hi Fatima,

I would be happy to help. To be able to purchase Project Catalog you need to have a client account as well. You can create a client account by following the steps below. 

1. Go to Settings > Contact Info and scroll down to Additional accounts.
  2. Choose New Client Account.
  3. Once set up, use the account menu at the top-right of your screen to switch between using Upwork as a client, freelancer, or agency.

You can find more information here. Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
7f7628b3
Community Member

Thank you for the information. Since I not really a client, would not that be a problem for a freelancer? 

Hi Fatima,

To purchase a project, you can create a client by following the steps listed by Nikola in the above post. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork
7f7628b3
Community Member

I see but I need a few suggestions on how begin my project with low budget. Please advice. I do not want not want the freelancer to think that I am some fake client. 

Hi Fatima,

Project prices are set by the freelancers. If you have a budget in mind, it might be best to post a job instead and invite the freelancers offering the project you're interested in to apply so you can negotiate the project budget. Kindly check this help article to learn more about posting job listings on Upwork.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members