🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » CONTRACT CANCELATION
Page options
henson_
Community Member

CONTRACT CANCELATION

Hi,

I got a contract cancelation request yesterday because I missed the deadline by a day (the following day still not gone). This is a contract I had completed and presented to the client over the call, which I believed made him calm.

I however explained to the client that although he never requested a part of the project I proposed to him, which would make him see the real beauty of the project, and he agreed to let us move on. In between this, I was involved in a road accident, and I could not update him about the project.

There was no communication from him that I ignored, and he did not even ask about the project before telling me he would be canceling the project and that he did not want an explanation the same day. I pleaded and explained what happened and that I would have it delivered in the next 2 hours, which I did.

He got the delivery, and I did not receive the cancelation request, hoping he had listened to me. Only for me to get a cancelation request in about  24 hours later, stating I was not responsive.

In an actual sense, we have had great communication all along, so I am just shocked that I got that. I know I have missed the deadline, but because of our past communication and relationship, I did not see anything like that coming.

I have put a lot of work into the project, and I am wondering why he had to wait to get the project before canceling it.

I am confused, and I have filed for a dispute. It is a fixed project, and I am not sure what the outcome might be.

Thanks,

Samson.

1 REPLY 1
PradeepH

Hi Samson,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience with the client. I see that you are already communicating with the Mediation team. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members