🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can I dispute Job Success Score?
Page options
7a145bfd
Community Member

Can I dispute Job Success Score?

Hi, 

This is my 3rd month on Upwork and I've been maintaining a 100% JSS until recently it dropped to 96% and this is due to one of my latest hourly contract.

The gig is an hourly contract and the job scope is that I record as many music loops for a client based on his references. It did not go so well as he mentioned that most of the deliverables weren't to his liking and he only really liked a few of the takes. 

This can be very subjective as it's music and art. I've provided high quality recordings as close as possible to the instructions and references given. 

The client then proceeded to end the hourly contract much earlier. There was a 15hr limit, and I've worked about 4 hours on this gig. 

I think he marked this as an unsuccessful gig and thus affecting my JSS as this was my only contract that didn't go so smoothly. 

Prior to starting this contract, I've also sent him my portfolio so that he could check out my sound, musical style so that he'd know what he's getting working with me.

Is this disputable? I've used those hours to produce a bunch of loops for him and he might be using some of the ones that he liked. 

Please advice. 

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Travis,

The ONLY recourse you have when you want to remove what you think is negative client feedback for you is using one of the most useful perks of being Top Rated - removing client feedback from time to time.

If you are not Top Rated, the best you can do is respond to specific negative elements of the client's public written feedback for you, which you must only do in a concise, factual and professional way. Any other approach will not be to your advantage.

If the client's public feedback is all wine and roses you'll have nothing to respond to, though you could leave truthful negative feedback for the client if your experience with him/her was not all positive. Here, too, you must be careful that your comments do not reflect poorly on you.

We have been told on this board that private feedback is much more important than the public feedback anyone can see. It is not unheard of for a client to leave excellent public feedback and completely different private feedback and there is nothing you can do in this situation (unless you are Top Rated and clairvoyant).

But, at the end of the day you shouldn't sweat a JSS of 96. One of the weaknesses of the entire JSS system is that so many freelancers feel like a JSS of 100 is the only acceptable JSS. That is not true.

If you are not Top Rated, keep working toward that rating. And continue to apply to all projects that fit your skills and experience.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Travis,

The ONLY recourse you have when you want to remove what you think is negative client feedback for you is using one of the most useful perks of being Top Rated - removing client feedback from time to time.

If you are not Top Rated, the best you can do is respond to specific negative elements of the client's public written feedback for you, which you must only do in a concise, factual and professional way. Any other approach will not be to your advantage.

If the client's public feedback is all wine and roses you'll have nothing to respond to, though you could leave truthful negative feedback for the client if your experience with him/her was not all positive. Here, too, you must be careful that your comments do not reflect poorly on you.

We have been told on this board that private feedback is much more important than the public feedback anyone can see. It is not unheard of for a client to leave excellent public feedback and completely different private feedback and there is nothing you can do in this situation (unless you are Top Rated and clairvoyant).

But, at the end of the day you shouldn't sweat a JSS of 96. One of the weaknesses of the entire JSS system is that so many freelancers feel like a JSS of 100 is the only acceptable JSS. That is not true.

If you are not Top Rated, keep working toward that rating. And continue to apply to all projects that fit your skills and experience.

Good luck!

petra_r
Community Member

Travis T wrote:

Is this disputable? 

No. There is nothing about the feedback that is disputable.

Your JSS is 96% and that's excellent.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

It's not a bad feedback. I'm assuming that in your line of work, lots of people decide that they can do it themselves better after all. Those would be people that have a garage band. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members