🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can I end a contract without getting feedback...
Page options
1d14cabd
Community Member

Can I end a contract without getting feedback?

Hi ,

I have a contract and client is basically toxic. I am sure when she will end the contract. She has said she will leave a worst review. 

Few months ago, I faced similar situation for a very small contract and client ended the job by saying " Job not successfully done ". We mutually agreed for refund.  When I recieved notification for ending the contract I tried to leave the feedback but it said" This job is not elligible for feedback!". That job was not included in my jobs, JSS as well as public contract completion.

I want to ask, If client end the contract and I refund her full amount mean the earning on project is $0. In this scenario here are my questions.

1. Will this job count in my total jobs?
  2. If client leaves a bad public review will it be visible publicly ? Becuase the earning from this contract is $0.
  3. If this job is not going to be included in my job history, will client's private feedback still affect from JSS? If so, can I request upwork for removal of taht private feedback from my JSS? 

NOTE : I am TOp Rated and have this option for feedbac removal

3 REPLIES 3
ashrafkhan81
Community Member

If you refund and the earnings 0 from the contract only public feedback will be hidden, any positive or negative private feedback is still counted towards JSS calculation. 

If the project value is high do not agree to the refund, go for feedback removal option available to Top Rated.

If she is determined to leave a bad feedback you are better off ending the contract yourself. If you have completed the contract as per the terms discussed and agreed do agree to refund. 

williamtcooper
Community Member

Muhammad,

1. No

2. No Earnings equals no public review, however they can leave a bad review back to Upwork.

3. No you can't request Upwork to remove their internal review system.

Feedback removal is for a Public removal of a review provided you only do once in 3 months and had a minimum of 10 jobs.

Hopes the above helps!

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Muhammad S.,

If you give the client a full refund, their public feedback will not be visible on your profile but their private feedback, which is much more important for the calculation of your JSS, will still be included in the calculation of your JSS. Do you really want to refund everything you've earned from this client just to remove only her public feedback?

Private client feedback is weighted in your JSS calculation based on the comparative value of this project compared to other projects you have completed. So, if this is a tiny project you could gamble the client's effect on your JSS calculation would be minimal. And you could wait to decide whether to use the Top Rated perk until you see the effect of her feedback on your JSS (remembering you only have 14 days to do so).

If it's a relatively high value project, you could/likely should use your Top Rated perk and remove this client's public and private feedback from the calculation of your JSS and move on to better clients.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members