🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can I send a message to previous clients?
Page options
aliharvey
Community Member

Can I send a message to previous clients?

I have some updates to my pricing—specifically, certain discounts that some of my clients might be eligible for. I thought about sending out an info sheet with this update, since I feel that many of my past clients may benefit from it—but I wasn't sure if this was against UpWork terms of service. I'm having trouble finding answers through my own research. Anyone know?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Alisha,

For as long as communications stay within the platform before a contract is established that should be fine. The only way that it is possible to message a client through Upwork is if the client has initiated some type of contact with the freelancer. If you were previously hired by a client or received a private invite from a client.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ArjayM

Hi Alisha,

For as long as communications stay within the platform before a contract is established that should be fine. The only way that it is possible to message a client through Upwork is if the client has initiated some type of contact with the freelancer. If you were previously hired by a client or received a private invite from a client.

~ Arjay
Upwork
aliharvey
Community Member

Thank you, Arjay. Yes, I'm talking about previous clients—and I would be messaging them on Upwork. I just wasn't sure if that would be a problem since we don't have an active contract. 

pudingstudio
Community Member

Alisha H wrote:

I have some updates to my pricing—specifically, certain discounts that some of my clients might be eligible for. I thought about sending out an info sheet with this update, since I feel that many of my past clients may benefit from it—but I wasn't sure if this was against UpWork terms of service. I'm having trouble finding answers through my own research. Anyone know?

That sounds like a good idea.

Very non-invasive way to reach out to your previous clients. Of course, most of them will ignore the message, but some will appreciate it.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members