🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can'r provide Vat Number Spain
Page options
ireneqc
Community Member

Can'r provide Vat Number Spain

I'm from Spain. I can't provide a VAT number because I don't have one. I'm an individual and I make around 150-200 euros a month in Upwork. A VAT number won't be issued for me for such a small account. What can I do? And also, what happens if I don't provide a VAT number? Thank you 

1 REPLY 1
ArjayM

Hi Irene,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. I can see that you've reached out to our support team and raised a support ticket about your concern. As mentioned by one of the team members, all non-U.S. individual taxpayers who receive payments on Upwork must complete the W-8BEN form to verify that they are not a U.S. Person and are performing services outside of the United States.  If this is not completed, we will assume that you are subject to US tax laws and may be deducted a US withholding tax.

I took a closer look at your account and see that you have completed the Tax Residence and Taxpayer Identification sections already but the Tax Identification Number is blank.

The Tax Identification Number is the number your country uses for collecting your tax information and may have a different name, such as PAN, in India. Some countries may use a National ID number. You may be able to find information about your country's TIN here.  If you have questions about your number, you will need to consult a tax advisor in your country or contact your local tax authority. Feel free to update your ticket here if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members