🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can't get my account back
Page options
arsalanullah1122
Community Member

Can't get my account back

Hi,
I am a friend of Arsalan **edited for Community Guidelines** (the person who owns this account).
My name is Muhammad **edited for Community Guidelines**, I used to work for an agency **edited for Community Guidelines**, I worked as a Virtual Personal Assistant for them for nearly 2 months. When they were hiring me, they asked me to make an account on upwork, so I made an account, they got it approved and they changed the email and password of that account. They said that they will give me my account back if/when the contract ended. So after 2 months, the contract ended, and they got a good rating (4.8 stars) on my profile. Now they are not giving me my account back. I worked hard, got a good rating from the client but now I can't get my account back.
I need to continue working on upwork. I need my account back.
Can anyone help me to recover my account back?
Below is the link to my account.
**edited for Community Guidelines**

I can provide Identity prove (Government-issued id, my education documents).

7 REPLIES 7
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Arsalan U wrote:

Hi,

I am a friend of Arsalan **edited for Community Guidelines** (the person who owns this account).
My name is Muhammad **edited for Community Guidelines**, I used to work for an agency **edited for Community Guidelines**, I worked as a Virtual Personal Assistant for them for nearly 2 months. When they were hiring me, they asked me to make an account on upwork, so I made an account, they got it approved and they changed the email and password of that account. They said that they will give me my account back if/when the contract ended. So after 2 months, the contract ended, and they got a good rating (4.8 stars) on my profile. Now they are not giving me my account back. I worked hard, got a good rating from the client but now I can't get my account back.
I need to continue working on upwork. I need my account back.
Can anyone help me to recover my account back?
Below is the link to my account.
**edited for Community Guidelines**

I can provide Identity prove (Government-issued id, my education documents).

So somebody allowed you to use their account for this message. You also allowed somebody else to use your account.

Both of you will be blocked once a moderator reads this. 

Martina P wrote:

So somebody allowed you to use their account for this message. You also allowed somebody else to use your account.

Both of you will be blocked once a moderator reads this. 

It sounds like at least three people should be suspended. The friend for sharing his account, the OP for sharing HIS account, and the agency for taking over the OP's account.

Dear Christine,

I was jobless at that time. That company's manager who hired me said he will give me my account back. I had no other option (Had to put food on a table). I have worked 363 hours on my profile. I asked my friend to help me out. I am unemployed right now so he helped me out.

Please try to understand my situation before reaching any decision.

Hi Arsalan,

I understand the issue affecting your friend's account and just sent you a private message with more information. Please share the information with your friend and ask them to follow the steps outlined there. Also, note that sharing your account isn't allowed so please ensure you're the only one accessing it in order to avoid having a hold placed on your account.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Dear Martina P, 
I was stuck in a situation my friend helped me out. I am being honest. What else should I have done? Upwork allows us to make only 1 account. I had no other option. After posting here I also called Upwork helpline. 
I and my friend didn't know that it is against Upwork's policy. We didn't have any bad intentions I just need my account so that I can start working, I worked hard for 2 months. People in power took advantage of me. Now I am asking for help nothing else.

Please put your self into my shoes before taking any decision if you still think that we don't deserve to be on upwork. Then upwork can suspend us.

Sorry if we broke any rule. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

A member of the team will reach out to you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Dear Avery O,
Can I give you my email address? Your team can reach me out on my email address. I don't want my friend's account to get suspended. 
Please guide.

Thanks!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members