🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can we get auto closing jobs after hiring?
Page options
ff594628
Community Member

Can we get auto closing jobs after hiring?

The client should be able to specify how many freelancers he is looking for.

If he hired someone, the job should auto close.

That way the job isn't active, doesn't show in results, and freelancers don't have to job description - wasting time. Freelancers also would lose it in "active proposals".

The client is spared having to close the job, doesn't get notifications of new applicants for that job with already filled position.

Upwork gets freelancers looking through active jobs and those freelancers don't get tired/annoyed so quickly by wasting time on jobs that are taken.

Win / Win / Win

When can we get that?

/Next idea I get paid, right?

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

I have hired 178 freelancers on Upwork.

Every time I hire a freelancer, I am presented with a dialog box that lets me choose to:

a) close the job

[or]

b) keep the job open because I want to hire more people

It is not clear to me what functionality you are asking for that is not already in place.

It is easy to for a client to close a job posting at any time. It is easy for a client to make a job posting private to block people from seeing it.

When a client hires somebody, he is given the opportunity to close the job posting. He MUST make a decision.

ff594628
Community Member

I must be very unlucky, cause consistently I see clients not closing jobs after hiring someone for clearly a one-man job.

Maybe there needs to be a third option for the client - "save the job and hide it".

Or maybe it's not clear what "close job" means - and many clients don't do it.

Either way, something is wrong, cause jobs pile up in my "proposals" and I need to check if someone was hired manually because those jobs stay there and I don't get "job closed" or "proposal declined" or any other info. 

It takes weeks to get those jobs out of my proposals if I wouldn't be checking them. (and looking how slowly UpWork's website works, they would care for me opening the same sub-pages less times)

martina_plaschka
Community Member

I'm assuming every freelancer reads the job description before applying. The number of hires are hard to miss. 

I'm talking about AFTER you already applied. The jobs don't disappear after the client hired someone.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members