🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can you help me I need to know if this place ...
Page options
yumsi_malaver
Community Member

Can you help me I need to know if this place is trustworthy

I did a job and they deposited the payment on this website but to transfer the money to my account they want me to pay €250, is that correct? Has the same thing happened to any of you and have you been paid?
The web it's

**Edited for community guidelines**

Thank for you helI did a job and they deposited the payment on this website but to transfer the money to my account they want me to pay €250, is that correct? Has the same thing happened to any of you and have you been paid?

The web it's

**Edited for community guidelines**

Thank for you he

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Yuly,

Please know that to withdraw your earnings on Upwork, you do not need to pay any fee. 

As a gentle reminder, please note that users cannot offer and accept payments outside of Upwork as well as communicate off Upwork until a contract has been set up on your account (the client sent an offer, and you accepted it)since this is a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service. It would also be best to visit these articles for more information on how you can keep in line with Upwork's Terms of Service when engaging on the website:

You may also want to read up on this Community article and these articles for more information about working safely through Upwork.

The Upwork Community is where you can ask and answer questions, search for topics, learn, network with members, and get updates about Upwork.

Below are a few Upwork Academy courses to help you in your freelancing journey here on Upwork:
You can also sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.
We hope you find these online resources helpful in your Upwork journey.
~ Joanne
Upwork
5e904138
Community Member

Hi there, 

First, your profile visibility mood is not public, it's a private mood which means your proposals are directly going to trash and no one can see your profile until you don't contact the support team to change your visibility mood. 

Second, please note that we work here as a freelancer and we're here to earn money, instead of investing. This platform has no such policy, so there are chances of scams happening to you. All you need to do is to contact the support team immediately. It's terrible!!

//First, your profile visibility mood is not public, it's a private mood which means your proposals are directly going to trash and no one can see your profile until you don't contact the support team to change your visibility mood. //

Who says so? When the profile visibility is in private, the profile cant be shown in search results while the clients are searching for talents. But they can able to see only if places a bid in their job. 

dataextract
Community Member

It is a well known old scam and you are a victim now.

You've violated Upwork's ToS by contacting them outside Upwork.

There is no project officially awarded to you and in Upwork there is no need to deposit any money to receive the payment. 

You've already wasted your time. Dont loose your money. Block that guy and move on. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members