🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Cancelling a project without accepting a Paym...
Page options
d9db74f0
Community Member

Cancelling a project without accepting a Payment

Hi Guys!

There's a project that I accepted but decided to cancel because of abysmal rate, I did some of the project but never finished it. I didn't received or asked for any payment. May I ask what will happen to that, regarding feedback and client flagging my account, since I accepted nothing there.

Best regards,
King
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d9db74f0
Community Member

Thank you Petra,

I started working at Upwork last January and I've yet to use the perk, since this will be the first time I'll get a subpar feedback.

I will be more careful at choosing the projects to work on in the future.

King

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JoanneP

Hi King Paulo,

Could you please confirm the contract ID so I can check this for you?

~ Joanne
Upwork
d9db74f0
Community Member

Hi Joanne!

The contract id is 27451108
d9db74f0
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

The ID is 27451108
petra_r
Community Member

King Paulo V wrote:
There's a project that I accepted but decided to cancel because of abysmal rate, 

Did you not see the rate before you accepted?

King Paulo V wrote:
May I ask what will happen to that, regarding feedback and client flagging my account, since I accepted nothing there.

If you have not been paid anything, the contract won't show on your profile. The client can leave private feedback and that provate feedback would affect your JSS.

d9db74f0
Community Member

Yeah, I saw it, what I didn't recognized is the amount of work needed.

I don't care too much about the jss since I can earn that back, and I dont know if my Top Rated status could remove that.

Thank you
petra_r
Community Member

King Paulo V wrote:
 I don't care too much about the jss since I can earn that back, and I dont know if my Top Rated status could remove that.

It could only cost you your top rated status if it dropped your JSS to below 90% (so you should care about your JSS)... If it did that, you could use your Top Rated Perk to remove the impact of the contract on your JSS (and your status), provided you haven't used the perk in the last 3 months and 10 contracts.

If the client doesn't leave any (private) feedback, there will be no effect on your JSS or your status or in any other way.

d9db74f0
Community Member

Thank you Petra,

I started working at Upwork last January and I've yet to use the perk, since this will be the first time I'll get a subpar feedback.

I will be more careful at choosing the projects to work on in the future.

King
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members