🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Changing Legal name on Upwork and Tax num...
Page options
Elena D Community Member

Changing Legal name on Upwork and Tax number

Hi, I want to ask what are the steps to change your legal name on Upwork. I got married and I want to change it. Can someone tell me what needs to be done? One more thing, I am in process in making my Tax number and maybe it will take more time, can I put the Tax number after 31 December? Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Nikola S Moderator

Hi Elena,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Congratulations on getting married! You can find more information about changing your name in this help article

Regarding your concern about tax information. It’s essential to complete the form by Dec 31, 2022. If we do not have a new form on file as proof that a freelancer is a non-U.S. citizen, we are required to withhold 30% of the freelancer’s future earnings on Upwork and send them to the IRS. You can find more information in this announcement thread. 

~ Nikola
Elena D Community Member

Hi Nikola, thank you for your fast reply. But my problem is more complex, can I contact you via ticket or live chat?

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Elena,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members